5;close

And now for what you've all been waiting for.

I sit on couch and watch Conner play with Sumo. They both look like they are enjoying themselves. I smile.

"Can I ask you something, Conner?" I ask.

"Of course (Y/n)," Conner pats Sumo on the head and stands to sit next to me.

"I know it's only been a month, but I feel like we are close, what do you think?" I ask.

"I think so, I have learned much about you." Conner nods.

It was the 4th of July and so Conner went and bought fireworks. Soon after he got home we set them off, it was pretty dark.

Finally, we lit off the last firework. It was a the biggest one we bought. It went off with a loud BANG! I didn't realize that it would be that loud and I clung to Conner's arm after some time.

"Are you alright (y/n)?" Conner took my hand.

"W-What? Oh, yeah!" I jumped back, finding myself falling backwards.

Conner quickly reached out and took my hand with one and supported my back with the other.

"(Y/n)!" Conner pulled me to my feet.

"S-Sorry," I gently brushed my hair behind my ear.

"Just be more aware next time please," Conner said.

"O-Ok," I hid my heated face.

Conner reached out for my hand and I took it hesitantly and we headed back inside.

Conner sat down on the couch and Sumo jumped up on the couch and sat on Conner's lap.

I sit next to Conner and lay my head on Conner's shoulder, he felt. . .warm.
I let my eyelids grow heaving and fall fast asleep.

"(Y/n), (y/n) come here!" Conner shouts from the living room.

I walk into the room and hug Conner, he lifts my chin. His lips meet mine and he stops.

"(Y/n), I need you to know that I l-"

I shoot up, pouring sweat. I was. . .in my room? And Conner was sitting at the edge of the bed with his eyes closed.

"C-Conner?" I tap his hand.

"Hmm?" Conner's eyes open.

"C-Can you uh. . .lay n-next to me?" O hesitate.

"Sure," Conner says.

I scoot over, closer to the wall and Conner moves closer to me after laying down. I slowly fall back to sleep.

———————————————————

NU: July 23

Sorry it's SOOOO late😥😥😥getting ready for Middle School and doing stuffz love ya💙💜 BTW, It would be pretty great if we got some votes! Thx and I love you!!

-Ani ♡´・ᴗ・'♡