Chapter Two

Chapter Two | Patience Is A Virtue

If you kick a lion when it is down, God help you when it gets up

God help you when it gets up.

Matshona Dhliwayo

"Mark," Mariah said as she approached him

Mark stood up towering over her trying to intimidate her.

It didn't work.

"What the hell are you standing up for? You don't scare me so just sit your ass down," Mariah said.

Mark looked at her annoyed but did as she said.

Mark sat back down. "Mariah, what do you want?" He asked.

Mariah lost it and slapped him hard across his face.

"Fuck you. I got something to say to you and you're going to listen!" Mariah shouted.

Mark rubbed his red cheek.

"Crazy woman," He said.

"You have tested my patience with you. I've had enough, Mark! Now you know I do not fucking play about my kids, especially my firstborn, Beyoncé. I have let you hurt her too many times but last night was the last fucking straw," Mariah said as she glared at him.

"You are an arrogant asshole you don't deserve to even be known as Beyoncé's father. Hell, you don't even deserve to be known as the lucky bastard who got Mariah Carey pregnant," Mariah ranted.

"I should hire some goons to whack your ass," Mariah threatened Mark.

"Do you how Beyoncé feels? My baby has always wondered what was so wrong with her, that her father couldn't be in her life. Why you couldn't love her? She's seen you with all your other children and it breaks my heart that I couldn't be enough for her. So many questions run through my mind about why you treat her so differently, Mark. Is it a race thing? Is it because she has a darker skin tone? What was so wrong with her that you couldn't be a father to her? Huh, Mark?" Mariah asked.