Ch 29

I was packing my clothes when I hear my door open.

"Don't start uncle Tony." I sigh shaking my head.

"Y/N.." Says someone different.

"What are you doing here?" I ask with a sigh still packing my clothes.

"Making sure you don't leave." Natasha says as if it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Nat-

"You've done so much just for you to leave." She says.

"I've done alot of reckless stuff apparently." I say turning around shaking my head.

"Steve spoke out of anger. None of us liked seeing you injured and when you had to be Smash for a while. That's why he didn't want you to go, he didn't want you to hurt yourself more." She says coming closer to me.

I stay quiet not wanting to look into her green eyes that captivate me.

"Thank you for saving me..again." She says.

I turn to face her and see a soft smile on her face.

"Always babydoll." I smirk and she playfully rolls her eyes.

"Am I interrupting?" Steve says making his presence known.

I groan turning around to my clothes.

"Nat can I talk to Apex?" He asks her.

Natasha looks at Apex then back behind her and decides to leave the room so they can talk.

"Apex don't leave." Steve says and I roll my eyes.

"I was just angry we're all family and when one of us gets hurt I get protective. We need you." He says.

"You guys don't need me." I shake my head.

"We do, everyone is valued here, I just let my anger get the best of me." He says.

"Besides I know why you did what you did." He says making me scoff.

"Love makes you do crazy things." He says making me stop, turning to face him.

"Who told you that?" I ask trying to play it cool.

"Clint talked some sense into me right now." He says and I clench my jaw.

'Really Clint' I think to myself.

"And don't be mad at him I kinda suspected it for a while now anyway and don't worry I won't tell anyone especially Nat." He says and I sigh.

"I didn't want anything to happen to her that why I did it...both times." I tell him.

"I know, you just have to be more careful." He says coming closer to me.

"It's not like I got more injured by alot." I tell him.

"How's your arm?" He asks looking over at it.

"It's just sore." I shrug.

"What did the doctor say about the seizure?" He asks.

"It was most likely sleep deprivation but he's going to run my blood work just in case." I explain making him nod.

"Friends?" He offers extending his hand.

"Friends? You're like an protective older brother but sure friends." I smirk shaking his hand making him chuckle.

"Sooo when are you going to confess your love to Nat?" He asks a little giddy.

I then remember about the date she went on just last night.

"Never. I don't stand a chance she went on a date, with a guy." I sigh sadly.

"When I asked her about it she didn't seemed that into it." He says.

"Maybe because she didn't want to tell you." I roll my eyes.

"Come on kid just give it a shot you never know." He encourages with a soft smile.

"Rogers you'll learn from Barton that I'm stubborn on taking my feelings with me to the grave." I tell him making him shake his head.

"What about your physical therapist?" He asks.

"Megan? She's cute but my heart's for Romanoff even though I won't tell her." I tell him.

Steve looks at Apex in a sort of awe.

"I've never seen you like this Apex, soft and..vulnerable." Rogers confesses.

"*clears throat* And you won't again. Now let's go back downstairs." I shake my head.

When we get back to living room I get hit in the face with a throw pillow.

"Don't plan on leaving ever again." Tony pouts as he's the one that threw it.

Then more come my way from everyone else followed by laughs.

"Alright alright." I say extending my arms and it stops.

Steve gets a pillow off the floor and hits me in the face with it lightly. I look at him and he has a playful smile on his face.

"How's your arm?" Bruce asks.

"It's a little funny but with physical therapy it'll be fine." I shrug.

"You have alot of scarring." Bucky says looking at my arm.

"That'll just make me look cooler." I say making him chuckle.

"We're just glad that you're okay." Wanda smiles.

"I'll always be okay." I smile going over to sit next to Clint on the couch.

"So what are ya'll talking about?" I ask.

"Well since you're finally back into your human form and everyone has been working to the bone I'm having a party." Tony says excited.

"Ah so I'm going to experience one of the great Stark parties." I nod with a smirk.

"Yeah a nice chill party for all of us, staff and some of Shield's agents, and dress nicely." He says.

"So when is this party?" I ask.

"Saturday night." He answers and I nod wanting Saturday night to come soon.