Planning

(Y/N) sat with Trick and me, quietly for a moment.

"Look, hear me out. If we put a 'double' as bait to fight the garuda. But have Lachlan close enough to still sense him, we could take out the garuda without putting him at risk."

"That's still risky with the best of doubles, (Y/N)." Trick started, earning a hard glare from her and I placed a hand on her leg, whispering,

"Calm yourself, (Y/N)." Her eyes were burning bright blue and she looked at me, calming down.

"Besides, I was thinking about taking him out when he gets into town. He'll still be weak-"

"You think Bo can-"

"No, (Y/N). She could loose herself."

Looking between them, I raised a brow and she glanced at me, shaking her head.

"Well, the options we have are limited. I love Bo, but she's the only one who can empower everyone like that."

"She may be able to do it, with Kenzi's help. Or if it's quick. Not keeping everyone linked through her for too long would work."

"Trick, you said he would come here first. He will. Lachlan is the only person who can kill him. The only Naga left. Please."

Staying quiet, I looked down and rubbed the back of my neck, absent-minded. (Y/N) was sitting next to me, so close that I could smell her perfume. Unconsciously leaning towards her, I felt eyes on me and I snapped back into reality.

"Lanchlan, are you okay?" (Y/N) asked, her hand resting on my cheek and her eyes locked with mine, concern filling them. Nodding, I leaned into her hand and replied,

"I'm fine. Just distracted."

Laying down, I rested my head in her lap and she ran her fingers through my hair, nodding. Trick looked at us and he sighed,

"(Y/N) what were you thinking as a double?" Playing with my hair, she stayed looking down at me and replied,

"A reflection. That could be touched, interacted with, spoken to. However, if you don't think that's possible. We can go to your plan."

"Both are long shots. One is less dangerous. How do you think it could work?"

"Almost like a hologram, but solid.Got anything like that in your lair?"

"I may have some stones that would work like that."

"May? Could they circle this whole room?"

"That I'm not sure of at all."

"Four corner's work?"

"It should."

"Can you go get some rest and look tomorrow before you come back?"

"This your way of trying to get rid of me?" He teased, smiling at her and she looked up at him, sighing,

"No, I just feel we all need to rest after this."

"Of course."

"Thank you for warning us, Trick."

"Of course." He got up and showed himself out, leaving us alone and I reached up to her, grabbing the back of her neck. Pulling her down into a kiss, I shocked her and when she kissed back, I laced my fingers through her hair. Pushing my tongue past her lips, I wrapped my tongue around her own and she moaned, before pulling away.

"Wha-"

"You may have to let me go if this doesn't work."

"I refuse."

"Of course you do. You may not have a choice."

"Sure I do."

Looking into her eyes, I saw the stubbornness in her eyes and I sighed, sitting up. Wrapping my arms around her, I rested my chin on her head and frowned, thinking,

'I don't want to loose her. But I have to destroy the garuda. Even if it costs me my life.'