22: lonley

hi it's been a year 😳

jc sighed as he slumped farther down in his bed. his room was jet black and he felt lonely for the first time in awhile. he turned on his side to grab his phone, squinting at the screen.

4:00am

usually jc's up by 6:00, making the house breakfast as he forced the dogs up so they could take a walk. sadly, this was the fourth night he couldn't sleep and felt surrounded in his thoughts. throwing his phone down, he rolled off his bed, yawning as he stretched.

maybe kian was up. for fuck sake, he's always up when jc's trying to sleep, rustling through his kitchen as if he didn't have a fridge on the other side of the house. he rubbed his eyes before sliding his slippers on and leaving from his small house. kian always kept the sliding door unlocked in case jc was feeling alone and needed one of the other roommates.

tonight was no different. he quietly walked in, locking it behind him as he tried not to stumble over all the random objects they kept on the floor. slobs. jc made his way to kian's room and looked at the closed door. he wasn't as inconsiderate as kian. he never barged into his room, jumped on his bed and shouted at him.

that was kian's job. he was certified in getting on everyone's nerves.

at first he knocked softly, pressing his ear to the door, only to hear sheets shuffling. raising his eyebrow, he turned the doorknob, lightly opening the door. he peeked in to see if kian was sleeping. jc could see kian's phone light under his blanket and rolled his eyes.

"i know you're up," he muttered, closing the door behind him.

kian's head popped out from under the blanket, his hair darting in different directions. shit, jc thought it was cute and cursed himself. "i'm busy."

jc scoffed, walking towards his best friends bed. "busy watching porn?" he joked, only to get a pillow straight to his face.

"no, bitch!"

jc laughed, throwing the pillow back at kian, knocking his phone from his hands. kian scattered out from his bed, yanking his phone up and protecting it against his chest. "i never saw you move so quick, what are you hiding?"

kian frowned, looking around the room to avoid eye contact. "nothing you'd be interested in," he replied, before rolling back on his bed. "why are you here anyway?"

eyeing him, jc scratched the back of his head. "i- you know how it is when i come over here," he muttered, climbing up the bed. kian sighed as he closed his phone and dropped it between them. "i'm just.. lonely."

"why don't you cry to someone else about it?"

jc scowled, getting up from the bed. "whatever," he said, walking up to the door. kian jumped up again, yanking at his arm and covering the door handle. "what?"

"i'm just pulling your leg, dude. don't leave," kian whispered. he let his hand drop down from jc's arm and lightly tugged at his fingers. "c'mon," he coaxed, watching as jc contemplated what to do in his head.

he sighed, letting kian pull him back towards his bed. he was forced to lay down and kian fell next to him, practically covering half of jc. it was a few minutes of just laying in silence before jc huffed and turned towards kian, bringing him close to his chest. the other was already half asleep and let jc do whatever as he closed his eyes and pushed his body against him.

jc took this as a chance to grab kian's phone. he quickly typed in the code and peered at the screen, trying to adjust to the bright light. kian only whined for a second, not realizing what jc was doing and shoved his face into his neck.