Chapter 26 - An ending or a new beginning?

*******

Chapter 26. An ending or a new beginning?

Bellona was positive that as soon as the war was over, things would be peaceful but she was wrong. She was so very wrong.

"The Infirmaries outside needed some help so I've decided to release some of our medical supplies to the nearest camps,"Reina said as she slumped back in her chair.

They were all seated around a round table inside a meeting room that once belonged to the Coterie.

"And is anyone volunteering to help you?"Ariel asked.

Reina shook her head.

Bellona ran a hand through her hair, "The older soldiers in the wall refused to go out until they say we can trust the outsiders, "Bellona stressed the word 'outsiders' as her sisters rolled their eyes, "Not to abused our weapons and our women power."

"Can you blame them for feeling that way? Just look at what New Genesis did with one experimental engine,"Ava pointed out, "I'd be skeptically too about sharing our technologies and ways with the Inaugurate as well if I hadn't gone out of the wall in the first place."

As soon as the bases were destroyed, Bellona announced to the New Genesis troops of what had happened.

Nathaniel had received word from Christian before he ran in looking for Ariel and her sisters. He almost died trying to find them because the women thought that he was the enemy.

Within a few hours, the men all surrendered and laid down their weapons.

After everyone dealt with the New Genesis remaining troops, the women in the Dame Realm refused to follow the Coterie after what they had witnessed and experienced.

Finding out that a whole other existed outside of the wall was a major reality shock. They didn't know what to do and since they didn't want any help from the people outside, an emergency Coterie was set up. It was made clear by the Supervisors that women wanted Bellona and her sisters to take over with negations and with being Ambassadors to the outside world until further notice.

The women didn't want to leave the walls of the Dame Realm yet and the outsiders agreed to stay away for the time being. It's been three months since the war ended and things were still not going their way.

Rodna groaned, "Too many problems! I hate being in charge!"

Zachleya reached over to pat her shoulder sympathically, "You know we had no other choice, the women wanted us to step up and protect the Realm."

Reina leaned forward, "Not to mention the Inaugurate leaders want us to start talking to them about slowly letting the two worlds co-exist again."

Ariel frowned, "You mean Jamal and the other Generals and leaders?"

"Don't you mean your dad?"Ava smirked at her sister. A few days after the war, Ava, Zachleya and Ava broke the news of Jamal being Ariel's father to her. She ignored them for a week and refused to go and see him. Not that he knew that she knew who he was to her.

Ariel glared at her, "I am not going to start calling him that just because you all told me that he could be my father."

The other girls snickered.

"I could always arrange for you to take a Paternity Test,"Reina suggested.

Rodna turned to Reina, "What's a Paternity Test?"

"Nymphadora told me it when you compare DNA to find out if someone is your biological father or not. "

"That sounds interesting."