𝐗𝐈𝐈𝐈

I meet Harry at the airport, on the curb, after the taxi drops me off.

I only have one rolling bag, but he comes with a couple, walking from the parking garage. He's dressed casually in jeans and a button up shirt. He looks freshly showered, and I can't take my eyes off of him. He's becoming an obsession.

"Hi." He sets one of his bags down and kisses me hard. I'm not prepared for it and stumble towards him. I'm out of breath, but he seems perfectly fine. It's always like that.

"Are you ready for our trip?" He takes my hand and throws one bag over his shoulder.

I nod in reply.

Five days away in San Francisco, a place I've never been. And with Harry, to top it off. I knew I was going to love it.

Krista was supposed to be taking care of the kids, but got called away at the last minute. To Tibet or some shit like that. The boys are staying at Harry's parent's. He said they seemed happy about that, but he was worried about them. I was starting to wonder if Krista wanted any part of her family's life at all. She was never there.

"You look like you're thinking hard." Harry runs his finger over my cheek as we stand in line to get our tickets.

"Nothing serious. Just wondering about a few things."

"Like?"

I shrug. "I forget."

He knows I'm lying, but doesn't bring it up again.

We sit and wait at our gate. I read a new novel I picked up last week, and he goes over his itinerary for his conference. I guess dentists have enough money to make this thing pretty fancy because from what Harry tells me, it's a rather big deal every year. Dentists from around the world gather to talk about... teeth, I'm assuming.

He says he's never brought Krista and he's tired of going alone. So, here I am, glad I accepted his offer.

"What are you reading?" Harry asks, throwing an arm over my shoulder and pulling me into his side.

"A tawdry romance novel about a stable boy," I say without looking at him.

"Sounds scandalous. I thought you were more of a classics reader."

"Usually, but it doesn't hurt to fill my mind with less than reputable material."

"Giving you ideas, Alyssa?" His lips are suddenly at the shell of my ear, his breath hot and wanting.

Oh, God...

"Harry, I'm not going to be joining the mile high club today," I say to him, my voice shaky.

"We'll see about that." He leans away with a knowing smirk on his face.

We board the plane, and even though Harry is frisky with his touches, he's tired. He falls asleep as soon as we take off. I know he's exhausted from taking care of the kids non-stop.

I take his hand and hold it in my lap as I continue to read about the exciting life of the stable boy.

We land in San Francisco, and it's hard to contain my excitement. I've been doing a pretty good job of staying calm up until now.

The air is salty and the sun is incredibly warm. Harry hails us a cab and we stuff into the back seat. He's still trying to wake up, and his hair is all over the place.

"I should have gotten it cut." Harry tries to smooth it out. "I look like a hairy beast."

"It's not that bad, Harry." I laugh.