Chapter 6

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

(Sort of)

The outfit...lol part if it. But go ahead keep reading.

I walked over to my closet and picked out my plack skiny heans with the gray and white roses in them and my brown peep toe ankle boots my flowy white crop top and leather jacket and matching beanie. I looked in the mirror and gave myself a snall smile. 'Everything's going to be ok just relax and stay with the group.'

I trotted down the stairs and into the living room. "You ready to go know?" My mom asked. "Yup." I smiled a smile that was only half genuine. "Alright well see you tomorrow have fun and be safe." She smiled. "Of course. " I chuckled nervously pulling her into a hug. I didn't want to let her go but I did and my dad came into her place.

"Have fun be safe don't talk to or kiss any strangers." He warned. "I won't. " "Good just because it's New Years doesn't mean herpies stops existing." "Yes dad." I smiled as he pulled me in for another hug. "I mean it baby be careful." I nodded and he let me go. He's always been skeptical about the whole New Years tradition he thinks its dangerous and pointless I begged for him to let me go.

"Bella." Aprils small voice called uo to me. "Are yih leaving?" I bent down and picked her up. "Yes I am. But only for a little while I'll be back before you know it." I smiled. "What did we say about the nightmares?" I asked. "Happy thoughts!" She smiled her face lighting up. "Yes and when that doesn't work?" I asked.

She cupped her hands to my ear. "Sneak into mommy and daddy's bed." She whispered. "That's my girl." I said kiing her on the cheek as she let out a squeak and cringed. I set her down. "Sisters forever?" She asked. I bent down and gave her a low five and finished our little chant "Always and forever!" I smiled taking her small hand in my own and spinning her around.

I gave her a hug and stood up and grabbed my winter coat and headed out the door. "Bye bye big sister" She said waving to me. " Bye bye little sister." I called back shuting the door behind me. I got in the car and looked in the rear view mirror my back windshield is fixed. I got up and went back to examin and not evem a single shard of glass remained.

All I found was a small dimond that looked like it came off a piece of jewelry. I looked at it and shoved it deep in my pocket. I went back to the driver's seat and started towards Dakota's.

-

I pulled intk her driveway where everyine was packing stuff into the car. "She's here!" Theh cheered. I shook my head and walked over to the car. "What's all this?" I asked. "Booze and chairs. " Hunter said proudly. "Champagne. " Warren corrected "Classy not trashy." "Nice. Ready?" I asked. "Yup all set." Parker called sticking her head out of the passenger's seat.

"I called shotgun!" Warren whined. "You snooze you loose suck it up." She smiled. "Ooooh." Hunter said high fiving her. We clamber into the car officially beginning our road trip and the New years. "Can I drive now?" Warren asked

"Absolutely not. You get un an accident im tge one who'll pay. So no." Dakota said glancing at him in the rear view mirror. "Okay....hey did you ever call that guy? Uh..." "Jonathan! " she smiled. "And yeah I did. We have a date tomorrow. " she blushed. "Awe you like him." I said poking her. "No... yea shut up! "

We laughed as we oulled up to the first toll booth. Words where exchanged money was given and the gate rose.

-

"Look at this crowd!" "It's like 12:15 we have a lot of time....what now?" I asked. "We could drink." Hunter and Parker suggested. "No tue alcohol is fir later and it's broad daylight the cops can see easily. We aren't exactly of age." Warren reminded. "We can't leave either." I said looking up at them from my chair. "Yeah our spots will be gone before we get up all the way." Dakota said looking between me and the rest of the group.