Chapter 25: Melody

Laura Pov:

After talking to his family for a while, Ross' wanted to show me the rest of the house. We still had some time left and I was curious how the rest of his huge home looked. So we went to the living room - there was a door from the kitchen that lead to that room and also one that you could use to go outside - and my first impression was: Wow.

In this room there were a lot windows that looked to the magnificent garden and there was a corner to sit full of windows, like it was an apart room. There was a big couch with like the biggest and prettiest Tv I had ever seen in real life. This was one you only saw in the movies... The cough was light and fitted perfectly in the room. It looked so cozy, perfect for a movie night. Then I thought about the fact that Ross would went to my house later, he would be so disappointed, after everything he has. I found our house usual, not big but also definitely not small. We didn't had such a big TV, it was just an casually one. Would he mind being at my house? I asked myself this question that I couln't answer for sure.

There were a few bookcases and a desk and other stuff. But then... My heart was beating so fast that I thought for a second that it was going to explode.

And then my world stood still, okay I dreamt about this once but here was it, the only thing I really really wanted when I was little and even now I still had that dream. There in a corner of the room, a little higher than the chairs and other things, among it were a lot windows. It was like there was a little space created just to set this magnificent instrument. 

"Omg, this is like the most beautiful piano I've ever seen" I said impressed. Looking at it with bright eyes. It just made everything in the room look less pretty. This beauty was lovely. "Do you play?' Ross asked while he pulled me with him a step closer to the instrument. I was a little abashed at first but then I let that feeling go and nodded my head. "A little. My dad played a lot and he learned me everything. I also took some lessons but I already knew a lot so I didn't need them. They told me many times I was just as great as my dad and that's a huge compliment. I don't think I'm that good." I said telling the truth, sometimes it was so easy to tell everything to Ross. But I needed to be carefully.

"Will you play something for me?" He asked with puppy-eyes. "Ross, this is such an impressive instrument. I can't play on it. Maybe I'll destroy it or something." 

"You can't destroy it Laur, c'mon it's fun. You have to play on it, the sound will surprise you and its  so easy playing." he said convincing me. I still didn't want to. But How could I say no when he looked at me like that?

"Okay, but don't be mad that its out of order after I play." I said seriously but he just laughed, encouraging me with his eyes. I sat down - Ross took a chair, I have no idea where it stood first but, he set it next to the piano - and put my hands on the keys. I was ready to play. I hadn't much time to decide which song I would take but I just played the first song that came up to my mind.

"Once upon a time

I believe it was a Tuesday when I caught your eye

And we caught onto something

I hold onto the night

You looked me in the eye and told me you loved me

Were you just kidding cause it seems to me

This thing is breaking down, we almost never speak

I don't feel welcome anymore

Baby, what happened, please tell me

Cause one second it was perfect

Now you're half way out the door

And I stare at the phone

He still hasn't called

And then you feel so low

You can't feel nothing at all

And you flashback to

When he said forever and always

Oh, and it rains in your bedroom

Everything is wrong

It rains when you're here

And it rains when you're gone

I was there when you said forever and always

Was I out of line?

Did I say something way too honest?

Made you run and hide like a scared little boy

I looked into your eyes

Thought I knew you for a minute now I'm not so sure

So here's to everything coming down to nothing

Here's to silence that cuts me to the core

Where is this going?

Thought I knew for a minute but I don't anymore

And I stare at the phone

He still hasn't called

And then you feel so low

You can't feel nothing at all

And you flashback to

When he said forever and always

And it rains in your bedroom

Everything is wrong

It rains when you're here

And it rains when you're gone

I was there when you said forever and always

You didn't mean it baby

I don't think so, oh oh oh

Back up, baby back up

Did you forget everything?

Back up, baby back up

Did you forget everything?

Back up, baby back up

Please back up, oh back up

Back up, baby back up

Cause it rains in your bedroom

Everything is wrong

It rains when you're here

And it rains when you're gone

I was there when you said forever and always

And I stare at the phone

He still hasn't called

And then you feel so low

You can't feel nothing at all

And you flashback to

When we said forever and always

Cause it rains in your bedroom

Everything is wrong

It rains when you're here

And it rains when you're gone

I was there when you said forever and always

You didn't mean it baby

You said forever and always, yeah"

I played the last chords and looked shyly to my right where Ross was sitting really quiet. Was it really that bad?

"No, no. It wasn't bad," oops, did I say that out loud? "no it was so so so so good!! I didn't know you could sing like that!! And your playing, it's like you are playing since your 1 or something. Wow, you're so talented. Havn't anyone told you before?"

I looked away, start blushing again. "Well my dad told me that ever since I was little, but he's my dad... And you're my friend you can't be objective."

"Believe me Laura that was so beautiful that an angel is like the devil or a troll or something comparing to you."