Chapter 7

Antoinette's POV

I walked over to Carlos, standing by his side. "That's great, for how long?" I tried my best to sound excited for him. Although, I'm sure it came out forced. 

"Yeah, how long Carlos? 

"A month." 

"A month." Xavier repeated. "My families here. My sister's birthday is October 15, I'll be gone till November. I can't, it would kill her. I won't, I'm too close to her. I already have her birthday planned out with my parent's. This is big, she's turning fifteen." 

"Next year she'll turn sixteen, that's bigger. You can celebrate after you get back. Xavier, you're the only one I trust with this." 

"Carlos, I can't." 

"Come home for her birthday and then go back." Carlos suggested. 

"I don't know." Xavier ran his hand down his face, glancing over at me for a split second. I gave him a quick comforting smile while Carlos wasn't looking. "Alright, alright, whatever I'll go. I'll come back." 

"Antoinette, would you like to finish?" Faith whispered to me from behind everyone. I turned towards her and nodded my head. Putting my hair back up and grabbing an apron. Tying it around my waste as I glanced back at the guy's. Xavier was leaving for a month, most likely going to find some beautiful, tall, tan, Caribbean girl. Shaking my head rid of my thoughts, I turned back to Faith. Continuing on with my baking, listening in on the guys conversation. 

"I don't understand."

"They stole my girls, Xavier." 

"That's not my problem, you know I don't deal with the girls. I want nothing to do with taking them away from their families. This whole thing disgusts me, I can't stand that you take them." 

"It's business, Xavier." 

"It's disgusting Carlos. I'm in charge of the guns, that's all. No drugs, no girls, no kidnapping, no selling." 

"Xavier, don't start about this again. I've been so busy and was so excited to get back and spend some time with you guys." 

"Did you do that to her family." Xavier's voiced dropped, hoping that I wouldn't hear him.

"I was tying up loose ends." 

"That family thinks that their daughter is dead, when she's being used as a sex slave." 

"Butt out." 

Xavier leaned back in his car and looked over towards Faith and I. Then down at the table in front of him, finally landed on his coffee. I had poured him another when I saw he had finished. Carlos was eyeing me, most likely wanting to head up to the bedroom. I worked slowly, trying to expand the amount of time I had some freedom. The amount of time I got to see Xavier, even if I couldn't talk to him or be near him. He was still there and that comforted me. 

"When do I have to leave?" He whispered to Carlos. 

"Tomorrow morning." 

"You'll be okay here? Manning the guns, I mean." 

"I'll be fine, someone you've trained will take your place until you're back." Xavier nodded as I wiped my hands on a towel. Going and sitting down in a car between them. 

Carlos rose to his feet, waiting for me.

"What are you doing?" 

"We're going back to the room." 

"I just put the stuff in, usually we chill here and wait. Then eat when it's done." 

"We'll come back down when it's done."