Chapter Three: Risk Worth Taking

Blake pulled his lips away from mine, leaving a slight tingling sensation where they were. A sudden shock of sheer joy and elation shot through me complimented by an airy, weightless feeling in my legs. My mind was reeling, but felt calm at the same time. I felt like screaming, but all I could do was stay frozen in my shocked state. And yet, amid all of the surprise and the sudden onslaught of happiness and total confusion, I managed to make something out, "Wha ...?" I murmured, faintly. Blake said nothing, but just leaned in and placed his forehead on mine with a little smirk tugging at his lips. His once strong vice-grip on me had now abated to a loving and gentle cradle as he still held me against the lockers.

I placed a soft hand on his cheek feeling his silky, supple alabaster skin, savoring the warmth it had. His cheek was as soft as I had imagined it too be. Totally clear of any imperfections or blemishes and as soft as kitten's fur. My thumb trailed back and forth, savoring every aspect. Blake's hands however found their way to gently cradle around my hip. Slowly, I was pulled towards him, severing what little distance lay between us. I was completely up against him, his body to mine, in an embrace that surpassed anything I had ever experienced. Blake led a gentle hand up to rest on the back of my neck. His lax fingers began to twirl and play with a lock of my hair that hung low at the back of my neck.

I totally frozen and could not move at all. But, I guess my own body moved for me seeing as I lifted my chin and aimed my lips to his. Placing my lips timidly on his, I kissed Blake once again. To my surprise, he leaned into the kiss, deepening it. As inexperienced as I was, I kissed him just throwing caution to the wind and savored the moment, feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach.

Then, out of no where, Blake pulled away. I fell back from a sudden loss of balance, probably from the shock of the kiss. Not only was it my first, but it was with Blake. I was in such a daze I probably could not even remember my own name. However, I began to regain my mental conciseness after a few moments and I found myself leaning back on the lockers. A smile grew on my face while the slight tingling sensation still ran on my lips. I ran a hand through my hair and felt a sense of triumph bubble up within me. I kissed Blake Mitchell! No guy in the school could say that except for me so I felt proud as anything. I could feel my heart beat against my chest in excitement and utter shock while I could still felt like I was enveloped in Blake's arms while he embraced me, tightly.

Yet, once this euphoric state subsided and I was able to, I looked around to see that Blake was no where in sight. My eyebrows pulled into a furrow while I darted my head all throughout the corridor. To my left, nothing. To my right, nothing. I checked to see if he went back in the classroom, but he didn't. I looked diligently for any sign of Blake all around the school, but I found none. The thrill of the kiss had subsided substantially in those next few minutes as reality set in. Instead of focusing back on the kiss, my mind started to piece together the bad stuff. Like how he pulled away from the second kiss so quickly and how he left so abruptly. Nothing else.

A gave up after some time and headed back to the classroom to gather my things. I was reduced to tears by the time I was there from my own, uncontrollable, thoughts. I started to worry about what was going to happen when ever I saw him next.

The beatings will only get worse.

The pointed remarks will hurt like acid.

Why don't I just go home and die?

What if this is all a dream?

These thoughts clouded my mind like a thick fog as I left the school and began to walk home. As I left the parking lot, I noticed there was not a single car there so I knew Blake was gone for good. I felt a single hot tear run down my cheek, but I wiped it away with my sleeve, hastily bustling home.