Chapter 2

I clasped the diary in my hand tight and sat down in my tent. I sighed and threw it in a corner. I stood up and crouched as I made my way out of the tent, zipping it up as I stepped out. I ruffled my hair and walked towards Aly. She shot me a glance and started pacing away. I followed her and held her right shoulder, "Aly?" She turned towards me, "Cori, what were you doing in that house?" "I-I-I don't know Aly, I really don't. I was just out for a stroll here because I couldn't sleep, and the next thing I know... I was just, there." "Cori I don't know what you were thinking! Were you sleepwalking? Or, or did you just want to go ahead and ruin your life?" "Wh-what? Ruin my life? What the hell is that supposed to mean?" 

She gave me a sarcastic laugh, "Don't behave like you don't know, Cori. Don't give me this shit." I raised an eyebrow, "Like I don't know what? Aly, what's going on?" "You know what? Nevermind. I'm just a little homesick, I'm not making sense... I'll see you at lunch," she went into her tent and zipped it up. I was really confused, and appalled, and just messed up. I started walking back to my tent, and I felt a hand on my back. I was startled and I think I jumped a little. "Cori, it's just me," Naomi assured. "Ugh, now YOU'RE going to be pissed off at me, for NO fault of mine, and hide inside your tent, just like HER," I looked at Aly's tent. "No, I'm not. Cori, tell me what happened," Naomi walked with me.

We walked to Tanya's tent and went inside. "So? What's up with that freaky house? Didja see any ghosts?" Tanya laughed. Naomi looked at her and nodded in disapproval. "Sorry." "Look, Cori, we're your best friends. Aly might be upset now, but she's going to come around. I promise. Until then, tell us what went on in there," Tanya continued.

"Okay. I'll tell you, but you won't believe me," I hesitated. They just looked at me, waiting for me to begin. "I was just out, walking, at around 11, last night, and the next thing I knew, I was in that house. I was roaming around, and I came across a bathroom. There, I saw this... this... girl, she was lying in the tub, the bathtub. She was dead, though. Completely out. Submerged, cold, lifeless," I pictured the scene in my head, and I was almost pained by it. "Her hair was brown like ebony wood. Her hands were by her side, just kempt. Well, kempt, except she had slit her wrists really deep. They weren't bleeding, just cut. All the blood was mixing with the water, there was only a little dry blood on her wrists," I felt my eyes welling up and a lump in my throat. I continued, however, "She was so beautiful, I couldn't understand why she would do that to herself. I couldn't see any pain. God, I was just stunned." Naomi and Tanya were looking at me, interested, like I was a showpiece at an art museum. "Guys, if you're going to look at me like I'm a zoo animal, I think I should stop," I mumbled. "No no no, Cori, go on. What happened after that?" Naomi asked. "After that," I sighed. "After that, I heard a young girl crying in some corner of the house and I found her on the first floor. I sat by her for a while, and then she took me into a room. Then she handed me this diary... It's in my tent, let me get it," I got up. "No, wait. Get it later. For now, just stay here and continue," Tanya said. I agreed, "Then I read the diary. Random words, here and there... Whatever. And then that girl asked me to play with her, but when I messed up, she got angry and was about to yell. Suddenly she walked out the door, slammed it shut, and all I heard was her footsteps to the opposite side and a tight slap. I rushed out, but there was nothing. All of a sudden, I was in a room with this middle-aged woman. She had surgical and dental instruments around her, and she was coming towards me with a knife. That's when I heard Aly screaming. The woman pushed all the instruments on the floor and shouted in my face. She dashed outside the room and for a moment, there was just silence. Aly called out again, and I yelled for her to untie me. She came, undid the knots, and then we came out. You know the rest." "Now, get the diary," Naomi said. I squeezed out of the tent, and got the diary from my tent. As I was walking back, Aly confronted me, "Hey! What's that you got there?" "Nothing," I muttered. "Give it to me." I didn't. "Give. It. To. Me," she said again. I didn't. "GIVE IT TO ME," she raged, and tried to snatch it away. Tanya and Naomi came running and held Aly back. "What the HELL is in that book Cori? WHAT?" Aly screamed. I was shocked, and puzzled, and also angry. I said, "It's nothing, just an old book I had. What's it to you? You don't give a shit anyway." "Oh, so I don't give a shit now. Wow okay. Nice to know that's what you think of me. Cori, I don't know what the hell you think you're doing, but don't you dare say I don't give a shit," she gnarled. I just stumbled around and turned away. Naomi and Tanya walked with me, back to Tanya's tent. I handed them the diary. "Are you alright?" they asked. "Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. Fine." They flipped through the diary. "Red, nife, rist, dead. Red, nife, rist, dead. Red... Nife... Rist... Ded..." Tanya stopped. "Cori. Did that girl in the tub kill herself?" "Looked like it," I said. "W-wait, Cori, these words, around this red blot, they make sense. They aren't just random words or a different language," Naomi pointed to the words, "R-E-D must be 'READ', D-E-D must be 'DEAD', R-I-S-T is "WRIST" and N-I-F-E is... KNIFE. Are you sure she killed herself?" "What? Guys, this is scaring me. We have to go back and find that little girl. She'd know what really happened," I panted. "Cori, we need to get Aly. She can help. She may be a bitch right now, but she's the one with the brains," Tanya said and I nodded.

We went to Aly's tent. She wasn't there. We looked at each other, confused. I saw a blonde haired girl in the distance. It was Aly. "ALY!" I called out. She turned around and looked away again. We ran to her and she had something like a questionnaire in her hands. "Look. Cori's going to find that girl and I'm going to ask her these questions. Tanya, you make sure she doesn't run away and Naomi, look out for that middle-aged woman," she planned. "Aly, what the hell? How do you know?" I asked. "Sweetheart, I know everything," she winked. I shrugged, and we went to my tent. "We can't let anyone see us going, so let's set out after dinner. When everyone's asleep. Hush hush," Aly said. We nodded and I gave Aly a smile. She smiled back. I started to wonder if she had a split personality.

That's it for now! I'll be back with more soon.

Until then, love y'all!

~Five.xx