Life with 18 Boys

Faith's a Bitch, that's debatable.

Life's a Bitch, now I can't argue with that.

I was having one of those Sunday Mornings where you could say " This is the Life " and just watch TV or surf the net while munching on some chips after you went to mass and just goof around.

Well, you get what I mean don't ya? I was having one of those moments when the phone rang and I wish I havent picked it up, but back then I didn't know that it will slap reality to me.

Thinking it was one of my friends, I dont have any bestfriends. Yes I have lots of friends but I know that in the darkness they'll vanish like bubbles. BFF news flash : Best Fake Friends.

As I was saying I picked it up and a voice that was not familiar to me spoke on the other end of the line.

" Is this Louise Eyatrice Wright? " Long name? believe me my mother's name is longer.

" Uhuh what's up? " dumbass what if its a direct descendant of some queen or king? that would be akward they're not used to those kind of sentence .. err.. construction. But why would a direct descendant of some king call m-

" umm.. Are you still there? " the guy at the other end send.

" Of course I am "

" Is Beatrice Johnson your grandmother? "

" yes mother's side why? "

" I'm sorry but she was found dead on a -

then off the phone to the ground.

I know that the guy at the phone was still talking but I was far too occupied with my thoughts and tears streaming down my face to care.

There must be some mistake right? Because I was just talking to her this morning, saying how I love her and she's the best grandmother on the world. Maybe that's why she acted odd this morning it was her last day here at our beloved earth. She was telling me that she was too old and some other time now she'll join my grandfather. She was just telling me this morning how beautiful I was, how brave I am, how sincere, true and how she will be guiding and protecting me when she's gone.

But again the thought of everything was just a dream crossed my mind again.

But now I was sure that all of it was true, because I'm riding with my parents in their car to the airport to go home. Hmmm.. home? I dont think I consider that house home anymore, after they dumped me in the care of my grandmother I couldnt care less about them.

When I was a kid everything was perfect. Perfect parents, perfect older brothers in short perfect everything.

But then one day they sent me off to see my grandmother who was very ill at that time and little did I know they're all going to leave me there.

I used to get phone calls from them every single day, from my parents to my brothers from them, from everybody. Then one day it all stopped.

Then the only person who was brave enough and was strong enought to breal my walls was my grandmother, I treated her like my owm mother, as long as Im with her I'am complete.

But she used to tell me that I shouldnt let my anger get the best of me. I should learn how to blend in, how to forgive and how to love.

It doesnt make any sense. All of it. But Faith has other plans, because the moment I stpped foot again in our house, it seems like every piece is in its proper place.