Chapter 1

July 22

It was a special day for Emma. Emma Adiar was in her second year in the university. She met her best friend, Mia Ashley who was her childhood best friend. The last time they saw each other was thirteen years ago.

Flashback

Emma was home alone when she heard a knock on the door. She was afraid and anxious because her parents Clara Bailey and Liam Adiar were not in town- they had travelled out of the country and would be there for a couple of months and her aunt, Sophia whom she lived with, had left earlier that day for work. Emma without being deterred by danger, she  bravely opened the door and surprisingly, it was her aunt who returned home so early.

The next week, Emma heard a similar knock on the door and thought it was her aunt. She hurried up to open the door only to find her sister. They talked for a while and she was showing appreciation because she had a company with her sister.

...July 22

Emma was home alone again when she heard a knock on the door. This time it was louder and harder. Fear gripped her as a chilling wind ran down her spine.

Who could it be? she thought to herself. She could only know by opening the door. Uneasily, she walked to the door, opened it and there stood her childhood best friend. She was so excited, Mia Ashley was back! July 22nd turned out to be the happiest day of her life.

                                                [262 words]
- Suri C (Author)