CHAPTER 8

Songs for the chapter are-
Without me-Halsey
Bilionera-Otilia

On my way to the Observation Room, I mentally curse at myself for not being bold enough to ask the name of the guy whom I ran into. Even more for not being attentive enough even to notice what he was wearing ,I mean dressing sense and all .

Not that I leave Eric uncursed all the way for bringing me,in other words, literally dragging me away from that boy.Also for being so faithful to my mother. Always.

I've been walking too aimlessly to feel the seconds tick by, When I realise I'm already in front of the room.

I'm about to put my thumb on the scanner when Eric speaks up.

'Be brave Calyx ".There is a hint of sarcasm behind his tone.But I keep staring at him blankly for some time unaware  of my present facial expression.

Without another word, he leads towards the hall that leads to the Security Room.

If I'm not wrong I catch him winking by himself .

I can easily run behind him and ask him and ask him about his behaviour and warning .

But I know better not to do so.

Firstly because, it would be really awkward and seems silly. Secondly 'cause my mother is on the opposite side of the door I'm standing in front of.

I put my thumb on the fingerprint scanner and the door opens with the heartless creating of a mechanic voice.

Beyond this is a glass door which blocks sound travel, both inside and out.

When I reach the automatic door, it opens. And while it opens, I see something more unbelievable than an angel commiting murder. My eyeballs literally pops out of their sockets at this sight of my mother  ,whom I expected to sit straight up,her fingers fiddling with the wires of some new complex manipulation device she'd like to test me with,as her cautious eyes follow at high speed, the writings that appear in the screen in front of her .The way they always do.

But the sight in front of me proves that I was highly mistaken.

She's looking at something in her hands. The thing has a whitish background and it's 50% of the size of an A4 size paper .Within seconds I recognise that it's a picture and she's on the verge of tears already .I never expected to see this version of her in front of me. Not atleast in this life of mine.

No sooner I ask myself what the seemingly heartless  Jeanine Matthews must so dearly love to be crying over it without some kind of hyper tech security lock than I understand who it can be and instantly regret entering the room.

Is this the reason behind Eric told me to be brave. Would he really know all of this?

I was aware that mother misses her son but this was not in my farthest dreams.

So guyssss....as I promised, my exams are over and here goes your new update...

It won't take long to tap the screen once and click the star (voting system) on the bar appearing at the bottom of the screen 😁😊😉

Feel free to comment and loaaads of love...
    _kri_💚