11-≿Can it get worse?≾ (Y/n)

"No, Brian, you can't!"

"Perché?"

"Because they'll kill you once you place your feet on the sidewalk."

"Not like the police is that extremist."

"Police doesn't even exist. You know they're controlled by the mafia. Like everything else."

"Huh, you're right. We're kinda rebels."

"You are kinda rebel." I correct him.

"Oh?" Brian raises an eyebrow, confused.

"Yeah, just you." I say continuing to keep my attention on the small flower I have in hands.

"And perché?" He insists, poking my shoulder.

"I've got problems with them, Brian." I huff.

"You got caught?" I simply hum in response to his words, not agreeing nor disagreeing, and he sighs. "Do you miss old times?"

I exhale, letting my hands rest over my crossed legs as I look up at the starred sky. "How couldn't I? It was a lot better. Ovviamente it was shitty and still is because of the war results, but I knew how to deal with it, I was already used to it. Sai, sometimes I wish I had never grown up. That I was still this kid who didn't have anything to care about. Now everything is difficult." I furrow my eyebrows lightly, remembering about the said times.

"Infatti." He agrees. "Our only problems was which sweet to eat first." He chuckles and I do the same.

"I'm not saying this life is bad either, but... the circumstances we're in are bad. Just that." I say looking at him and he nods agreeing.

"(L/n)?" I hear the voice behind us and look up to see Dun.

"Okay." I reply and stand up, groaning at my sore back and butt. - Seems like sitting on the sidewalk for hours isn't good to you. - "See you around." I say to Brian, who also stands up.

"See you." He mutters shortly, looking at me for a few seconds then begins to walk away.

Dun and I start walking back to Grohl's place through the dimly illuminated streets in silence, until he decides to start a conversation. "Who's him? I've noticed you're friends, but..."

"We are childhood friends." I answer, not moving my gaze towards him. "I knew him before I got on the streets."

"I thought you worked alone?"

"Oh, I did. It's not because I'm friends with him that we'll do everything together. He had his own... jobs and I had mine." I shrug, more memories crossing my mind.

"I see." He replies shortly.

We arrive back to the place and I lay down on the couch, tired; but not enough to fall asleep yet.

"Are you sure that friend of yours is safe?" Grohl asks, sitting on an armchair nearby.

"Nah, he isn't, but I know what I tell him. Not like I want to drag more people to the pit with me." I say waving a hand in a 'don't worry' manner. "You sound like my dad." I laugh quietly and watch him rolling his eyes. "And you? I mean, are you sure you're safe with me here?"

"I'm completely sure." He nods. "That I'm not." My eyebrows furrow at him, yet he continues looking at me with a serious expression on. "If Taylor finds out you're here, he'll greet us with a bullet in my head, I bet." I wrinkle my nose at his words. "I hope everything turns out well, at least."

"Same." I breathe. "But it's also shit, I mean, he probably knows you know everything too and the only thing keeping him from coming here and killing everyone are the consequences he'll have to face with Frank later. He may be able to manipulate Frank, but Frank knows when it's exceeding the limits."