Chapter 2: She's My Mate!?

Lukas POV

As soon as Lilly spilled my mates blood, I leapt into action.

"Lilly stop! Let her go!" I took a few steps forward. But stopped when she turned to look at me.

Her left eye was now blue. But was even scarier were her eyes glowing.
Instantly I knew her wolf was in control.

"Give Lilly back." I stated. She growled at me.

"Why? She's just as angry as I am." Her wolf snarled at me.

Confused as to why Lilly lost control my wolf growled at me. What are you doing? She has our mate in a choke hold! Get her away from our mate!

"Let go of her. Now." I growled low in warning.

She looked at me and back at Gabriella, who was clawing at Lilly's arm. In swift movement Lilly threw my mate to the ground. I watched as she flew across the floor and crashed into the cabinet.

Quickly I made my way to Gabriella. I reached my hands out and caressed her face. Gently lifting it up as sparks immediately went through my hands. Her skin was so soft and warm against my palms. My wolf purred in approval. Instantly her eyes snapped open. Her eyes were a beautiful shade of blue that popped out with the mascara and eyeliner she put on.

She grabbed my hand, and just when I thought she would accept me,she pushed my hands away.

"Get off of me." She growled.

Frowning, I backed away but not too much. I stayed an arms length in case she would need help. She grabbed the counter for leverage as she picked her self up.

My wolf whimpered. We both wanted to help her, but she rejected us at first touch. We could do nothing but watch even if it was painful.

"No way." I snapped my head up to see Xavier looking at my sister with shock and awe. Honestly I forgot he was even here.

Lilly was back to normal but she was looking at Xavier with so much hatred, I was glad it wasn't for me.

Lilly growled lowly. "Why show up to a mating ceremony if you already chose the one you want?" She asked him.

Xavier blinked, before turning to Gabriella and beckoning her to come to him.Gabby then made her way towards Xavier. I moved to stop her but she growled at me to back down.

I watched as she walked over the debris from the cabinet clutching her stomach with one arm. Obviously Lilly hurt her. My wolf growled at the way the situation was going. She grabbed his arm and he instantly wrapped an arm around her.

My heart broke right then and there.

My wolf howled in agony.

Xavier looked back at Lilly. "Because she has the perfect qualities to lead. If I was Alpha she would be a perfect Luna. But a female beta is even better." He smirked.

"What of my brother? You expect him to let his mate go with a low life like you?" She nudged her chin at me.

Xavier looked at me. His smirk turned into a grin. "Oh, he wouldn't do anything but let her go. After all he would get punished if he disrespected his superiors."

I growled. "It's up to her. Not you. If she wants you then I'll have no choice but to reject her." I was hoping she wouldn't make me do it.

Xavier chuckled. "Oh, but she already chose me. Go on Gabby, tell him."

I met Gabby's eyes. There were unshed tears in the corners of her eyes. No.... "Lukas, reject me. I choose him." My wolf howled in agony. I stumbled back. She really chose him.