Chapter 20: Day Thirteen

Lilly's POV

Drip, drip, drip.

Annoying, shut up.

Drip, drip, drip.

Shut up.

Yesterday she came in and cut me out of rage. Why? I don't know. Four new cuts on my right arm are still aching and my wounds are slowly healing.

Without my wolf everything echoes in this bare room. My blood dripping is each drop per second.

Drip, drip, drip.

Today marks day thirteen. Almost two weeks tied to this chair with little food, and torture.

Drip, drip, drip.

Drip..

The sound or the door unlocking had me tense in my chair. I straightened my back and kept my face neutral. The knob turned ever so slowly making me more anxious.

The door opened and I held back a snarl of distaste.

She walked in with a huge smile showing her canines. Her eyes were practically red at this point.

"Day thirteen, a perfect day. You won't believe what just happened fifteen minutes ago." She closed the door behind her and stood across from me.

I eyed her suspiciously as she stood there with a grin. I didn't say anything about her behavior if anything I was scared shitless.

"Lukas Martin is on our side." She laughed out loud and clapped her hands.

I stared at her horrified.

No, she's lying.

Drip, drip, drip.

Shut up.

"And he's running an errand for me, or you really." She looked at me.

I said nothing.

"But it's story time." Her tone changed into anger.

I waited for her as she studied me.

Drip, drip, drip.

"How are you the twin?" She asked.

I scrunched my brow in confusion.

"I killed her for her sake and mine." She said again.

Then it came back to me, the first couple of days I was here she kept ranting on how she killed 'her' and accusing me.

"Who?" I asked irritated, she was not going to accuse me for something I sure as hell did not do.

"My sister, I killed her as soon as I heard the prophecy." She seemed sadder this time.

"Why?"

"One of us had to surpass and be a ruler. I wanted that, I mean she had everything anyway." She looked at the wall.

"What did she have?"

"A beta mate, parents that love her," she scoffed and looked at me, "the perfect life."

"And?"

"I didn't have much, a boring life. Childhood was boring. But yours," She walked closer to me, "yours was eventful. You and Lukas did everything together even if you were bullied you both stayed together."

"Thanks?" I looked at her full of fear, realization, and confusion all at once.

"I never went out, stayed inside. Which is why none of the pack saw two Gabriella's." She smiled.