"Are You Ready?"

April's POV

After the battle, we all went home. Some happier than others. All were truly upset about Tony's sacrifice though.

Even if they didn't know him, everyone offered condolences.

Everyone took a couple days off to heal. Physically and emotionally.

Three days after the battle, I got a call from Pepper Potts. Tony's funeral would be held on Sunday.

Today.

I figured it would be soon, but in all honesty, I never wanted the day to come.

I want to honor Tony, but I don't want to bring up old memories. I feel off going to the funeral off a man who I didn't exactly agree with. The man who captured me.

That would be selfish though. I need to go because overall, Tony was a good man and I glad to have met him. Not many get the chance.

Even if I was only acquainted with him for a couple months, I'm honored to be one of the few to have actually know the kind of person he is.

"Stevie? Are you ready to go?" I ask him as I step into the master bedroom.

I press down on my black dress trying to get all the wrinkles out. I take small steps since I'm in heels.

I walk over to Steve who hasn't responded to my question. He just continues to look into the full length mirror with a straight face.

"It's okay if you're not ready," I stand next to him in the mirror and place a light hand onto his shoulder.

"I just need a minute," he says softly and looks at his feet.

"Take all the time you need," I smile softly.

Steve's POV

AJ walks out of the bedroom and down the hall towards the stairs.

I stare at myself in the mirror. My suit. My tie. My hair. My face. My shoes.

I don't like any of it.

I don't like the sad look I have. I don't like my combed back hair. I don't like the black that I wear.

I hate it.

I want to be happy.

We killed Thanos once in for all. We should be celebrating, not grieving.

I pull back my sleeve and look down at my watch. We should probably get going soon. We'll be late otherwise.

I step out of the bedroom and look around to find April. When my eyes find her, she smiles at me.

It wasn't her usual smile. It wasn't as bright or happy, but it was genuine.

All smiles have a message and this one said, 'I'm here for you'. It wasn't a pity smile though.

I can't really explain it.

Either way, it made going to the funeral a little easier.

She reached her hand out and I took it in mine.

"Are you ready?" She asks again.

"Yeah. I'm ready," I said confidently.

She extended her hand and opened up a breach to Tony's house.

Pepper wanted to keep things small and simple.

There was only a few of us and we weren't staying for anything big afterwards. We were most likely going to chat and leave.