Chapter 3

I was standing in DADA waiting and talking with Neville a bit about Herbology and how he'll help me if needed. I smiled. "Thanks, Neville," I said then the wardrobe that was in front of us moved. I jumped. "Shit," I said softly.

"Would anyone like to guess what is inside." The Professor said, coming out of NOWHERE like fucking Houdini!

"That's a Boggart, Professor." A kid in the back of the room said.

"Now, can anyone tell me what a Boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." Hermione and I said at the same time. I looked over at her and smiled. "Boggarts are shapeshifters, they take the form of whatever the particular person fears the most. That what makes it so-" Hermione was cut off.

"So Terrifying. Yes, yes. Luckily there is a charm that exists to propel a Boggart. Let's Practice it now. WIthout wands please, repeat after me, Riddikulus!" Everyone said 'Riddikulus' as the Professor instructed. "Very good now, a little louder." 'Riddikulus!' the class half screamed. "What really finishes a Boggart is laughter! You need to make it form the shape of something truly amusing. Let me explain, uh, Neville, could please help me? Come on don't be shy." He said this and Neville walked up to the Professor. "What frightens you most of all?" Neville then proceeds to mumble his answer. "Sorry?"

"P-Professor Snape." He said a bit louder. Some people laughed.

"Frightens all. And I believe you live with your grandmother?"

"Y-Yes, but I don't want it to turn into her either!" He said.

"I want you to picture her clothes, only her clothes! Picture her clothes very clearly in your mind."

"She carries a red handbag-"

"We don't need to hear, as long as you see it, we will see it. Now when I open that wardrobe, I want you to-" he leaned over and whispers in Nevilles' ear. Neville looked at him a little surprised. "Alright, wand at the ready, 1,2,3." He flicks his wand and wardrobe opens. Out came Professor Snape. Neville raised his wand and cast the 'Riddikulus' charm. Professor Snape's clothes turned into really ugly clothing. We all laughed. 

"Ok, to the back now, everyone forms a line!" People were pushing a shoving, I got a spot right in front of Harry. Ron first and a girl I don't know in front of me. 

"I want you to picture the thing you fear the very most and turn it into something funny." He put on some music and Ron stepped forward. The Boggart transformed into a giant spider,  but not any spider, a black widow. I shivered, I hate spiders! Ron whimpered and got out his wand. 

"Riddikulus!" Ron screamed. When he did so, the spider had skats on its feet. Most of the class laughed and next up was the girl. She stepped forward and the spider turned into a snake. She must be Muggle-Born. She pointed her wand at it and it turned into a Jack in the box. It was MORE scarer than the SNAKE! Then it was my turn. 

I stepped forward, wand in hand and it transformed, but only into smoke, black smoke, like from a fire. I was confused and looked at the Professor. He motioned his hand as if to say 'continue.' and so I did, I raised my hand and yelled the charm. It turned into floating cotton candy. I went to the back of the line still confused. 

It was Harry's turn now and the fluffy cotton candy turned into a Dementor. Professor Lupin ran in front of Harry and the Boggart turned into the full moon. Neville tapped my shoulder and I looked up at him. "Yes?" But he stopped because the Professor started to talk.

"Ok, that's enough for today! Collect your books, get to your next class. That's the end of the lesson, thank you!" Most of the kids ground or 'awwed' because they didn't get a turn. I walked up to Neville. 

"What did you need?" I asked.

"Oh, I just wanted to ask why it turned to smoke." I shrugged.

"I actually don't know, I thought my biggest fear was growing up alone and dying alone, which will most likely happen, but I guess not..." I said trailing off. I sighed and smiled at Neville and he returned the smile. 

-----------------------------------------

It was the weekend! YAY! And we can go to Hogsmeade! YAY! I was so excited. I got dressed and ran down with my permission slip that was sighed by my father. 

I handed it to Professor McGonagall and ran over to Ced, who was waiting for me

I handed it to Professor McGonagall and ran over to Ced, who was waiting for me. "Now remember, these visits to Hogsmeade are a privilege. Should your  behaver reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privilege will not be extended again." She said. I followed my brother and we talked.

"I heard you studied Boggarts this week." He said smiling.

"Yes, I did. It was weird though, It wasn't the thing I pictured in my head, It was smoke, black smoke like if it was from a fire." When I finished my train of thought Ced's smile faded. "What? Is there a problem? Did I say something wrong?" I asked.

"I-I'm not supposed to tell you this, dad said not to..."

"Ced, what are you talking about? What did Dad tell you not to tell me?"

"(y-y/n), you're not really my sister, I mean, not by blood, Your real parents died in a fire, when you were just a baby. Somehow, dad found you and, being the kind-hearted man he is, took you in a raised you as his daughter. I'm so sorry." I didn't know what to say. I was at a loss for words, I even stopped in my tracks when he finished saying all of that. I could feel the tears form in my eyes. I started to shake and I feel to the ground. Ced pulled me into a hug, I hugged him back and cried. 

"W-why-why didn't dad tell me?" 

"He didn't want you to feel like you didn't belong in the family."

"I already felt that way, Ced. I'm the only Slytherin in the family, well that because I'm not really your sister, but do you know how much pain that has caused me, Father being Hufflepuff, Mother Being Hufflepuff, YOU being a Hufflepuff. Everyone thought I was a disgrace, thought I was weird! The only people who didn't was you, Harry, Hermione, Ron, and Neville. I had to earn everyone else trust because I was Slytherin, I don't even think I am a Slytherin! I just wanted people to stop thinking I was a disgrace upon the Diggory name..." I trailed off and sighed. Ced let go of the hug and looked at me.

"You're  not a disgrace to the Diggory name, I promise you that." He said smiling at me. I smiled back and we both got up. We finally left to go to Hogsmeade.