CHAPTER 10

Read, Review, Like and Share.

Enjoy!!!

--------

Harry left the tent after a few minutes of chatting with Madam Pomphrey only to be confronted by his so called best friends, that is his ex-friends.

"Harry, mate, that was wicked." Ron said as soon as he saw Harry with a grin on his face. Harry was less inclined to deal with them right that moment. He was in a sense still upset that they made him fight a nesting mother dragon in the name of a silly, dangerous competition. He was tired, aching and so desperately wanted to get to bed and get some rest.

"I didn't know that it would be this dangerous, mate." Ron said after Harry stayed silent for so long.

"I don't care Ron. I am tired and I want to get some sleep. I am not even inclined to look at you for that matter."

"What? How can you say that Harry? I am being gracious and talking to you again and you are throwing it back in my face." Ron said as his face started turning red in anger. Harry had the urge to snort but held back but looked at Ron sharply.

"I would suggest you delay this conversation for a while, if you don't want to deal with your brothers pranking you Ron. It's a fair warning." Harry said. The twins came behind him and put a hand each on his shoulder.

"Yes, Ronnikins-"

"Leave Harry alone-"

"Until he wants to talk to you-"

"Or we will prank you." They said simultaneously.

Harry walked away from them with a twin on each side stopping anyone from approaching him. Harry went to his room and fell face first on his bed. He didn't bother with the light, his shoes, his clothes, the egg, which slipped and fell on the floor or even slipping under the sheets and was out like light within seconds.

The next morning he woke up with a blanket covering him, his shoes, socks and tie gone and the room warm. He made a note to thank Dobby. He was made aware of his hunger when his  stomach started grumbling. He took a shower and brushed his teeth and exited the shower to find food waiting for him on the table.

"Thank you Dobby." He said and the elf nodded and popped out of there. He decided to live in the teacher's quarters and only go to the Room of Requirement when he needed something and not risk its exposure.

He now had three months before the next task and he wanted to complete a great deal of things by then. The next task would be on February 24, he would have to decipher the clue, apparently. But he would have to learn some other things like dancing before Christmas which as when the Yule Ball would take place.

"Sirius." He called in the mirror. Padfoot answered after a few minutes.

"Pup, what are you doing up so early?" He asked Harry sleepily. Harry cast a tempus and saw that it was still only 7 in the morning. He smiled sheepishly at his godfather.

"Sorry, I didn't see the time." Harry replied embarrassed. "I went to sleep as soon as the first task was over and woke up an hour ago."

"What happened yesterday? I waited for you to call and tell me if your strategy worked or not."

Harry gave him word by word play of how he performed and what he heard about others' performance and their injuries. He told him about the egg they retrieved and the clue it had.

"Did you open it then?" Sirius was awake by now, as he made himself a coffee during Harry's tale. "And are you alright? Did Poppy clear you?" Harry grimaced.