Chapter 4

Half way home I felt like somebody was following me so I looked behind me to see if it was true or just me and my imagination. I turned my head to look behind me and I was actually correct, there was someone following me. He was wearing a black hoodie so I couldn't see his face and that made me even more scared.

After a while I felt him even closer to me than before. I turned my head and he was one centimeter away from me.

"HELP!!!" I screamed with all my power, but then I felt a hand cover my mouth. I was sure I was going to die but then he took off his hoodie and I saw his face. It was the guy from before. The guy that I bumped into. The "killer".

"Can you not scream that loud, you're going to wake the whole neighborhood up" he said annoyed

"I'm sorry but it's not my fault. You were the one that was following me" I replied to him back in a sassy way. He rolled his eyes and continued his way.

I took my way home but then I realized that now I was the one following him. And then it hit me. The house across ours has just been sold and we were waiting for our new neighbors....I guess we found them. But that doesn't mean that I'll be friendly to him.

I stepped inside my house to see my mother cooking dinner like it's thanksgiving.

"Oh hey honey, you're back. How was school?" My mother asked me happily while cooking something.

"It was...okay. Why are you cooking so many things?" I asked her back

"Ohh right! We're having a welcoming dinner for our new neighbors" my mum said excitedly

Sh*t.

"...so go get ready and come back to help me...I can't finish all that by myself" she told me and I went upstairs to my room to get ready.

I put on my yellow dress with the white collar and I looked like a housewife in the 80s. Some people would call me old fashioned but I really like vintage and old looking clothes. I put my hair on a ponytail and headed downstairs to help my mother.

Time passed by and I heard a knock on the door.

"Ohh they're here!" my mother exclaimed and went to open the door

A man, a woman and a girl that looked my age got in our house and we greeted each other. The man was called Manny, the woman Karen and the girl was called Aaliyah. I was correct she was 15 like me. They looked like such a great family. They were all so nice.

Maybe I was wrong, maybe the "killer" isn't my new neighbor after all. Or that's what I thought at the moment.