Jar of hearts

I shot up feeling a sense that something was wrong, I peeped out my room to see everything normal except I wasn't the first one up. I slipped the door closed as if I never opened it and tried to go back to sleep but nothing drew my mind away from the suspicions of last night's event. Reluctantly I got back up, ready for the day then opened my door and walked out confidently.

Big mistake since as soon as I was in the same room as my brothers, my confidence suddenly disappeared, let's face it, I can't lie to save my life and that meant when I walked out, my back was turned to them so I missed the shared glances "Someone's got a boyfriend" I spun around "What?" Mikey was on his front swinging his legs with his hands under his head "you... and that 'max' guy" I shook my head "I've never even talked to him, but lyla is after him so..." mikey looked excited "so?" I shooked my head "you know what? Forget I said anything"

I walked into the dojo thankful than sensai was napping, I crossed my legs and put my hands on my legs as I closed my eyes indulging the silence. It was so peaceful, expect the fact a certain grey wolf kept entering my mind. I shook it away and tried to sink back into the blankness of my mind, it worked until I felt a presence near me "So...what's he like?" I sighed "don't know, never talked to him" I felt mikey poke me repeatedly "cut it out mikey" he became a nightmare and started toying with my tail "stop"

I heard a sliding door open and close "Michelangelo, leave Kiowa be" there was something comforting about Splinter being the adult in the room, but right now is a time of much prefer solitude. From both father and brother. I took a breath in me tried to regain my peace of mind but the feel of the presence never left me, this caused me to remain in my alert state of mind. I was well aware Splinter was still in the room but when I peaked one eye open, he was no where to be found,I sighed in relief and opened my other eyes so I had both open.

"Something bothers you?" I jumped and kept all remaining curse words in the safety of mind "Master Splinter, If one wanted answers another didn't have, what should another do about it?"

He stroked his 'beard' once "you are referring to yourself and Michelangelo, yes?" I nodded and listened to what the rat had to say "it depends on what those answers are and how important they are to you and Michelangelo" I shrugged "he keeps aski...

He stroked his 'beard' once "you are referring to yourself and Michelangelo, yes?" I nodded and listened to what the rat had to say "it depends on what those answers are and how important they are to you and Michelangelo" I shrugged "he keeps asking about a boy a friend has a crush on, things like 'what's he like?' his name after he eavesdropped in on our conversation" my master's face relaxed to a state that felt like humour "I would not worry yourself Kiowa, if Michelangelo needs them, he'll find another source" I nodded then let my eyes follow Splinter out of the dojo.

It wasn't long before I too got up and left the bonsai tree due to my ridiculously short span of attention. As soon as I slid the door open, I regretted it. Splinter was talking to the guys in that 'fix what you have done' way that used to make me shiver. I snuck around the edge of the room, Splinter could tell what I was doing and allowed me to continue being a child. I was just about the reach the hall where the rest of the room cut away when I heard Leo and mikey talking about getting me involved "K, could take us to him" I was about to take another step when a splash of water coated my body. I stiffened feeling suddenly very cold, I turned around "we need you to take us to the wolf guy"

I looked towards the dojo "you realise I'm not actually allowed on the surface, right? I'm not meant to go up til I'm fifteen" Raph folded his arms again giving me the 'are you serious?' look "Never stopped you before" I sighed "wait here" I jogged to my room then grabbed my cloak and chakrams slipping them into my pockets. My eyes were drawn to my half-face mask, my hand hesitated to grab it. I put it in my other pocket then hid some throwing stars in my belt. When I rejoined them, they were fiddling with their weapons "one thing - lets keep his between us five, got it?"

 When I rejoined them, they were fiddling with their weapons "one thing - lets keep his between us five, got it?"

They suddenly smiled, I felt really awkward "ok and next time, just ask. Don't get mikey to harass me. He could've lost his eyes" I lead them out of the lair and up the pipe.