Part 8: Their Appearance

Hiroyasu's POV

I looked for a house whose window is open just to see the news. And there it was. A news about them. Headline? Pfft.. "Wanted criminals all found dead at different locations"

What have happened? Some of them looks like murder. And some look like accidents. Are these by accident or on purpose?! I had to know. The anger within me is building up. I just had to know what cause this.

I stepped back from the window to continue on my way when I bumped onto this man. Didn't recognize him at first glance so I stepped aside, said "Sorry but you're on the way." then grabbed my phone and hurried away. Just a few meters from where I came from, I heard the man call my name. "Hiroyasu."

Astonished, I looked back at the man, focusing at his looks and finally realizing who it was. The one and only psychopathic father of mine. I turned my gaze at him but remained silent and showed no emotion.

A smile grew on his face. "Now, Hiroyasu, why don't you go back with me?". I shook my head. 

"Why not son? You're on your own now. Don't you like company?"

I once again shook my head.

"I've already eliminated them.. There's no one to go back to.."

Those.. Words... I glared at him with anger. "So YOU... YOU were behind all this!", my mouth just couldn't stay quiet no more.

"My, my... You have grown.. Hiroyasu.. You have awaken to the truth and have read within the lies. Also, you have grown quite alert of your surrounding. I wonder... If I should've finished you off as well just like them. Then I wouldn't even bother talking to you or even making you come back."

"What makes you think I would even come back?!"

"Your siblings need you."

I fell into silence. "What could they possibly need from me?"

"They miss you."

"Well forget about it.. I'm never going back."

I turned my back and walked off, almost teary eyed but not showing it to him. All I know is that he muttered something under his breath and he went on his own as well.

***

I settled in a house that was for rent. Not that cheap and not that expensive. I lied on the bed and stared at the ceiling. What has my life given me now? I have no home, family.... Friends... Everything was gone. I... I didn't wish to live. So why am I here in  my situation. Why do I suffer? 

I buried my face on a pillow and screamed. My world was falling apart. What did mom say? "You will know the truth. Not now but someday."

Is this what she's telling me? That my father is a psychopath? If so, it was obvious from the start. But no... I think it's something else though. Darn it! I could've asked her when I can... But I was too late to approach her.. She was already dead.. I can't talk to dead people can I? No.. My power's limited.

I fell into deep thoughts. Such deep, dark thoughts. What if... I didn't leave? Would my suffering be lost or would it be worse than now? Will dad change or not? I don't know...

I reached for my phone which now has a crack because of how I dropped it lately. I sighed then turned it on. I had a missed call from Mark. After the missed call, a text.

Mark: Uhm.. Bro? You don't really mind if we do stay with you, yes? We have talked things out and.. want to go with you.. You also need company so.. Maybe that'll be the better for all of us? I'll call you when we'll escape... See you...

I stared at it. A slight smile crossed my face but tears dropped from my eyes. I was happy to have them with me and that they'll be happier with me. But I am sad that they have suffered more than me. I didn't know how dad really treated them but at least.. They'll be in safe hands..

Three days later

I received a call from Mark at midnight. I answered it.

"Hey bro.. Where are you? We're already away from home. Just tell us your address and we'll be there for maybe 2 hours.", he said.

I told them my location and they hung up. I sighed and stood up as I waited outside the door, at the balcony. It was a cold night and my siblings are walking on the streets for two hours just to come to me... How.. Brave..

Mark's POV

 I held on to Haku's shoulder as we made our way through the streets. It was a dark night. We traveled the cold dark streets for two hours until we made it to where Hiroyasu said he was. he greeted us with such a warm and welcoming voice.

"Nice to see you guys again."

I smiled, and I bet Haku and Nashi did as well. But then I felt his mood going down.

"Where is Amato?...."

"We'll talk about that later.", I said. "Let's go inside first..."

And we did...