I. The Problem Called Kristen

Rob's  P.O.V.

I think I’m actually starting to like her, I thought for myself, when I smelled pasta from the kitchen. It smelled almost the same as the one Kristen makes. It didn‘t taste anything like that, though. “It‘s delicious.“ I lied. You can‘t tell a woman she can‘t cook. Unless, of course you don’t want to get laid. With Kristen it was easier. She cookes the most incredible food I’ve ever eaten. Stop thinking about Kristen all the time! You‘re dating a beatiful and talented woman!, I kept reminding myself.

“I thought… maybe after dinner we could sing karaoke.“ I suggested. “Sure.“ She responded with a smile, but I knew she‘s not up for it. Women. They just can‘t say what they really wanna say. They just wait, if you notice the signs. Kristen is different. She always says what she thinks and what she doesn‘t like. Here I go again. Stop it, you prick!

I was browsing through the songs, when Tahliah came in the living room. “Honey… Sarah just called. She had a fight with her mom and she needs me…“ She said imploringly. “Go.“ I told her. “Thank you so much, baby.“ She kissed me softly and grinned. “I’ll make it up to you, when I come back, I promise. I’ll be making it up to you all night.“ She whispered in my ear in a sexy voice. “O-Okay… Please hurry.“ I pulled her in for a quick yet passionate kiss, and then she grabbed her bag and headed to the door.

--------------

I didn‘t mind, that the karaoke didn‘t work out. Tahliah always gets bored pretty soon anyway. She loves singing, but she sings for a living, so she wants to get some rest from it sometimes.                 

I used the alone time to call Tom for some advice. 

“Hey Rob, how‘s it going?“ Tom answered the phone excitedly.          

“Hi. Not so well, actually… That‘s why I’m calling. I need your expert advice.“ I tried not to sound much desperate, but I don’t really think I managed that.    

“What about?“        

 “Kristen…“        

Seriously, mate? Again? I thought you were over her.“          

I am!  Absolutely, definitely, completely over her. It‘s just that… I keep comparing Tahli to her and there are memories of me and Kris, that I can‘t get out of my head. Those memories keep popping up in the most inappropriate situations.“      

“You think about Kristen, while having sex with Thaliah, don’t you?“ Tom asked calmly. He didn‘t sound as surpriced as I expected him to be.     I couldn‘t answer. It wasn‘t that hard to admit it, but I liked Tahliah a lot and I didn‘t want to do or say anything that would make me think otherwise.

Mate, I’m sorry, but I don’t know what to tell you. You‘ve come through this over and over and it always ended up the same. Honestly, I don’t think there‘s anything that would help you to get over her. Not even a hot and talented singer with the same accent as yours.“ Tom said with an apologetic voice.            

“Bullshit. There has to be.“ I yelled at my best friend on the other side of the phone.      

Why don’t you just admit you want Kristen back and try to get her back?“               

What if she won‘t want me back?! I need to learn how to live without her, while I have a chance – Thaliah.“ I said, now definitely sounding desperate and hung up the phone.