CHAPTER 1

DANI

It's our 5 year anniversary and my boyfriend Keith got us reservations at the most expensive restaurant in Boston, I haven't been long in Boston I only just moved in with Keith last week surely tonight will be a super special night, I suspect he might ask me to marry him since he never takes me out to diner like this and having me all dressed up. His perfect diner date has always been the cheapest steak in the supermarket with one slide chocolate cake to share and a dry comedy movie to end the date with. Not that I don't like his choice of date nights but it's nice to just go out to diner at a fancy restaurant once and a while. Keith makes enough money to do that but yet again if he could he would pick for the cheapest one he always does that anyway. Suddenly Keith kicks my leg under the table "Ouch, what the hell Keith" I said "Look it's Kuraly" he reply back "Who?" he roll his eyes "Boston Bruins Sean Kuraly" I'm still clueless "The hockeyplayer" I shake my head no "Sorry, I don't know him" and turn to look at this guy my boyfriend is obsessing about. As I turn to look the guy walked pass by and our eyes met, he gives me a little smile "Oh my god he's smiling my way" Keith whispers I turn my focus back to my boyfriend "So what shall we order?" Keith is still in his 'I-just-saw-a-famous-person' bubble, I sigh and pick up the menu card I look thru it, I see Keith still looking over to the guy that just came in. I look back at the menu and pick the most expensive dish on the menu "I think I will go for the mushroom peper steak" sudddenly I've got his attentions back "what sweetheart, no that's way too expensive, just have the salad instead" 'Cheap bastard' I thought to myself "Then why are we here Keith if I can't have the steak that's cost three times more what you normally buy at the supermarket?" I threw my nemu on the table and sat back in my chair with my arms crossed "honey I brought you here so we could celebrate" 'Okay here comes the propasal' "that I've got a promotion" he said happy 'what the actual fuck' I'm swearing in my head 'dont tell me he forgot about our anniversary but even with a promotion he doesn't want to spend 25 dollars on a steak. I gave him a nasty look with still folded arms "Seriously? and that's the only reason why you invited me to this restaurant?" I said with a angry face "yes why else would I invited you" I'm nervously laughing right now and said laughing "Ohhh I don't know maybe because it's our 5th anniversary or maybe you have the balls to finally ask me to marry you" keith makes a disgust face "why would I wanna do that?" "you've got to be kidding me" I said it with a little loud voice, Keith looks around him and lean in "sweetheart you're embrassing me" he whispered "you? Oh my god it's always about you isn't it" now everyone's looking our way including the hockeyplayer but I don't care. I stood up "I'm going to cool myself down in the ladiesroom and when I get back you better have ordered me the mushroom peper steak as an apology" and I walk my way to the ladiesroom, on my way I have to pass the hockeyplayer and his friends table.

Once in the ladiesroom I lean in the sink trying to fight back tears after all these years Keith always forget our anniversary and today it's no expection, I should have known he wouldn't propose or even remember that we've been dating for 5 years, my friends already had warned me about moving in with him. As I dial my best friend Wyatt's number I suddenly hear a loud bang with screaming voices, I dry my tears, grab my bag and slowly walk out the ladiesroom there was loud shouting, then suddenly I realise that the bang I heard was gunshot. I walk to the corner to see what's going on, Keith is not at our table nor is he under it, the gunman turns around and I quickly turn back where he can't see me, I need to get to Keith to see if he's alright, I slowly moved my way from table to table, one by one until I suddenly somebody pulls me down and I'm face to face with the greenish eyes I've ever seen. The guy quickly put a hand over my mouth so I wouldn't make a noise, we stayed in that position until we heard another couple gunshots, this is how my life would end in a stranger's arms.

SEAN

Me and my friends are celebrating my birthday at my favourite restaurant, the host brought us to our table in the back, as we passed by tables I could see people looking especially the dude that looks like he had never been to this restaurant before, he was sitting with a girl, blond hair, she looked over her shoulder and our eyes meet, I gave her a polite smile and heading to our table, we thanked the host. From where I am seating I could see the girl's table, they seems to be having an argument because I could hear her say something about their 5th anniversary and marry, then she start yelling that's it's always about him well I guess the dude mess that relationship up, she looks super pissed off as she stood up and told the guy to order her the mushroom peper steak then she walked our way straight to the ladiesroom.