CHAPTER 6

DANI

After the therapy session was over everyone exchanged their phone numbers except Sean because he was a well-known hockeyplayer the therapist gave him a email adress that he could check if he ever wanted to talk with others from the group. I gave my phone number to a couple of the women in the group, Sean creeps up from behind me and as the women left he said "Don't I get your number?" I turn around to face him "don't know, should I trust you?" "Oh come on you were in my arms crying your eyes out, I think that's worth your phone number as a 'thank you' don't you think?" he said I should tease him "give me one good reason why I should give you my number?" he had notice me flirting with him, Sean moved closer and whispers "Because you and I both know that awful feeling we had, being in each others arms, that night our bodies were one" he looked down at me and I just stared into his eyes, it was those same eyes that looked at me when he pulled me down to him, we are having that same moment again, as we are looking at each other the room fades around us and it's just me and him, surely he must have felt the same as his eyes doesn't even blink not even once. We were called back to reality by the therapist, everyone has already left and we both walked out. "So what are you doing after this?" he asked while walking beside me "don't know, go home eat a bag of chips then ice cream to finish the deal and watch something on Netflix" I reply then he step infront of me and stop me from walking "how about we go for lunch?" he looked down and wait for my answer "I don't think Keith would like that, I mean he's already pissed off that you saved me and..." he cuts me off "screw Keith, besides it's just lunch Danielle, if we going to exchange our experience and fears we should it least get to know each other better, so what do you say?" I roll my eyes "ughhh fine, just one lunch" Sean smiles and lead the way to a restaurant around the corner, we walked in and it's even more fancier then the restaurant that Keith as brought me, I pull at Sean's arm and whisper "This is too fancy, can we go somewhere less then this?" and then the host turns up "Aw Mr Kuraly, what can I do for you?" he asked "table for two please and can it please be away from the windows?" "Sure Mr Kuraly, this way please" the host showed us to the table, Sean let me go first to follow the host where he guide us to the back with no windows near, Sean pull the chair for me and pushed it to the table as I sat, he's a true gentleman that's for sure, his mother raised him well.

SEAN

As Danielle sat down I thanked the host for taking us to our table, I took a seat across from hers, she leans in again "Sean I can't afford eating here" I lean in too and whispers "Don't worry about it, it's my treat" and winked her way "I can't have you pay for my lunch" "watch me" I tease her "she looks down at her side of the table "this sure looks fancy though" "hey I make ten times more then the short dude remember, I can afford this" a waiter hands us the menu cards "we both will have the peper mushroom steak please" I said as I hand the waiter menu cards, Danielle looks blank at me "last time you didn't got your steak so now I'm ordering you one" she place her hands on her face and I could hear her mumbling something "I'm sorry what?" she remove her hands "Oh my God, you heard that?" I gave her a smile "I did and unlike your cheap boyfriend I let you order anything you want off the menu" she smiled back and there's that arkward silence again.

After we finished our lunch we sat back and get to know each other better, she told me about her life, her parents, her friends and ofcourse that bastard of a boyfriend and how they got back together again, I told her about my life, my parents, brothers and how I got into hockey "so I watch your game last Wednesday" she said, shit she saw my breakdown on the ice, I lean back in my chair rub my finger on my chin "you know you can talk to me right, believe it or not I'm the only person that understand what you're going thru" she said with such a care "so you're having those panic attacks too?" I asked her "every day and you know what's the worst? I can't talk to anyone about it because they weren't there, Keith doesn't understand, Wyatt is too busy with planning his revenge on Keith for letting me take him back" "which I agree with Wyatt, why did you took him back?" her eyes falls to her hands "you just don't throw away 5 years Sean, I know he's isn't perfect and all but he does his best to change" "Are you sure about that?" she shock her head "he admire you Sean, he was obsessed with you that night" "maybe he should date me instead of you, less heartbreaks for you" I winked her way then give a little grin, "Haha very funny" "I mean it from what I heard the dude only gives you heartache" I lean in and whispers "If you were my girlfriend you would've gotten the peper mushroom steak that night" our eyes locked yet again, then after a few seconds passed she leans in and whispers back "well you made up for that today so thank you" I smile and said "you're very welcome" she bite her lip to hold back a giggle but I see her cheek blushing, I took out my phone and call the Bruins office, Danielle is staring at me "Hello Mrs Jones, this is Sean Kuraly, can I put four people on the VIP list for tomorrow's game? just put it under Danielle and friends, we will be there before the game... Okay thanks" I hung up the phone "What did you do that for?" "It's a peace offering for your boyfriend, meet me in the VIP lobby at TD Garden around 6 PM tomorrow, I will introduce Keith to the gang" I said to her as I put my phone back in my pocket "you shouldn't have Sean but thank you again" she gives me the sweetest smile back, I was thankful for this smile because it was all mine to keep "bring your two best friends too, I would love to meet them" "sure thing, oh and a warning Wyatt is a fearless flirter" I laugh out loud "well good thing I'm straight then" "trust me you have been in his dreams eversince he saw you on tv at the game".