3.

I was ten when I came back into contact with the silo. My legs had grown since, and determination ran through my blood. A flashlight was held tight again me.

   The old, rusted silo was always the same. It was unchanging, yet every time I saw it a jolt of new energy would surge through my veins.

   This time, I wasn't so steady of my feet. My knees were vibrating with a shaky feeling. It wasn't all from fear. In fact, there was excitement in this feeling.

   The clouds were a medium shade of gray. The weather always seemed gloomy when I decided to go back to the silo. I should've taken it as a warning sign.

   You shouldn't mess with the unknown, Millie, my mother would tell me. A wise women, she was. Always cracking analogies and words of wisdom. I would roll my eyes as a child.

   The light clicked on as I pressed my thumb against the switch. My heart raced, holding the flashlight towards the sky. I shakily pointed it into the window.

   Every inch of my body was rigid at the sight. There was weathered concrete inside with dead moss and weeds. It looked like a shrunken world that had long passed. Puddles from leaking rain were ponds in this little land. However, the most astonishing thing in the silo was the shadow-like figure moving along the walls.

   I wanted to scream at the shadow. I wanted to run away.

   But I couldn't.

   I couldn't even look away from the shadow.

   It moved in a chilling way, like it was walking off of the wall. The shadow transformed in front of my stare. My grip tightened against the flashlight that was wanting to slip out from my small hands.

   It was a human looking form. A person that came out of the shadow. His hair was a pure white, like what I would image the color of an angel's wing to look like. His cheeks were sunken and his skin was as pale as the moonlight. His lanky body lingered in the corner of the light my flashlight casted. A cold stare directed my way from his deep brown eyes while the shape of his lips twisted in a grimace that told me to leave.

   "Millie!" I could hear my mother call from the house.

   "Who are you?" I just managed to whisper.

   The man only narrowed his eyes, as if expecting something else from me.

   "Run," he told me. His voice echoed in the silo. The sound ran over my skin, casting a shutter of chills throughout my body.

   I held my breath. "From what?"

   "Me."