Chapter Three

Yo okay I've been busy and tired and just over life in general lately. I forgot I had this chapter saved up for updating. I haven't written anything after this. And idk when I will tbh. I'll try my best but I'm going to be putting my mental health first.

Hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm sorry for the cliffhanger.

Enjoy

Chapter three:

We agreed the next morning to take a few days off from wedding planning. The planning had put an obvious strain on our relationship. Sure, we had resolved some of the issues we had, and a bit of the doubt I harbored was slipping away, but we weren't on the same page still. There was a resistance in Quinn still and a hesitance with me. If we were supposed to get married, this was not going to work for me.

So, we decided on a weekend getaway. A little inn a few towns away, a pool, a short walk to the beach, and endless pampering. The idea was to relax, to talk, to find the common ground we needed. This wedding would not plan itself—though CoCo and the rest of my family seemed to have it under control without us. All I knew was I loved Quinn and I wanted this to work.

A quaint town filled with cafes, museums, and the occasional excursion that we didn't have access to otherwise. When we first met, those first couple days, it was a slew of random adventures. Both of us bringing the other to a place that let us bond, connect, and explore. I mean, sure, it was just laser tag and an arcade bar, but it was an adventure to us. Nothing like the coin flipping adventures Quinn and Tae-Jin used to go on, but it was unique to us. It brought Quinn and I together in a genuine way.  I thought, maybe, this would be a trip that could bring us back together again.

"It's cute," Quinn said as we pulled up in front of the Seaside Inn, which was aptly named. The parking at the back of the building sat at the very edge of land, waves crashed against the cement structure holding the cars. Seaside Inn was an old cottage styled with discolored brown singles lining the exterior and white trimming chipped off in places due to the salty sea air. The front porch has several rocking chairs and tables, a couple sat at one of the tables, coffee between them and books in their hands. Inside, there was a small lounge, soft music flits through the air.

"Hello!" A cheery middle-aged man called as we walked toward the front desk. He smiled warmly, "welcome to Seaside Inn, checking in?"

"Yes, reservation under Theodora Manos," I said watching as he scrolls for a couple minutes in silence. "I believe I spoke to David on the phone to confirm the other day."

"Ah, yes, yes, my husband likes to place reservations under first names instead of last name. No matter how many times I tell him that it makes no sense, he does it anyway," the man shook his head still smiling. "Anyway, yes, Miss Manos. Two nights, king bed, and a balcony. You'll be in room 112, up the stairs and to the right. If you need anything, my name's Jack, and if you see a big lumberjack looking guy, that's David. Don't be afraid to approach us! Have a nice stay!"

We thank Jack and head up the stairs to our room. It was an awkwardly shaped room in the corner of the Inn. The bed sat again an angled wall, large bed posts blocked the view to the television on an adjacent wall. The room was...different. So poorly designed it actually worked. The sliding doors to the balcony were across from the door to the massive bathroom.

"Holy shit, Quinn," I gasped as I entered the bathroom. She came up behind me. "That's a giant bathtub."

"Bathtub? Theo, it's basically a swimming pool," Quinn said in awe. "We're trying this out tonight."

"Don't have to tell me twice," I laughed as we both made our way to the balcony to check out the view. I leaned against the railing watching the sun start its descent into the horizon when Quinn came up behind me. She snaked her arms around my waist and tucked herself against my back. Her chin rested on my shoulder as we both took in the sight of oranges and reds bleeding into the sky. "We should get dinner."