o n e

<michael>

I hated college, simple for the fact that I had to wake up early and had no money. I never expected to go to college. To lose my chance at wasting my days playing video games, losing my chance of touring the world.

The day I walked out of band practice I knew it was over. I barley stayed in touch with the boys afterwards. But I knew they never found a replacement for me in time. They missed there chance to tour the world. I missed my chance. All because me and Luke couldn't handle each other.

It wasn't that I disliked Luke. Well I didn't dislike him at first. It was rather he hated me. For no obvious reason either. He thought I was a freak I guess. However I had always thought he was a pretty chill, cool guy. That was until his temper got in the way of the band.

I honestly still to this day didn't understand why he hated me. Yet it still bothered me.

I got up for class and threw on some clothes, pushing my hair into a snap back. I forced my phone into the pocket of my skinny jeans and met up with a group of friends in the hall.

Without the band I had decided to go into a job in comouter software engineering, while also exploring music theory. I still wrote music and played, just now was getting a job to write software codes.

Getting out of my first class I got a phone call from an unknown caller. Not knowing who it was I declined and just continued on my day. That was until I got it again. I had moved to the US after high-school. I knew most of the band did. Most of our fans and the people we knew from our music were there. But to get a call from this area code from and unknown number that I vaguely regonized. That was uncommon.

When I got the third call I finally decided it was time to pick up. I couldn't exactly keep ignoring whoever it was. If they had the wrong number I could turn them away, no problem. If they knew me and I knew them I might get to speak with an old friend.

"Hello?" I questioned into the speaker of my small phone.

"Hey, is this Michael?" The voice was vaguely familiar. Like I'd heard it a long time ago but couldn't quite place it.

"Yes, and this is?" I kept racking my brain for the voice. Faces flashed by in my mind, hoping to match with the sound.

"It's, um, Ashton Irwin."

The recognition immediately snapped into place. Of course it was Ashton. Michael was surprised with himself for forgetting that simple detail of Ashtons voice.

"Oh God, Ashton? Really? Its been a while," I smiled.

"I know, I really  missed you," Ashton chuckled.

"I've missed you too." Why would Ashton be calling me? It had been almost three years since we had talked. Yet here he was, calling me up like we talked only last week. "What lead you to calling me?"

There was a long pause. I could imagine ashton sitting there, sighing and try to think of what to say. Ashton always had a way with words. But sometimes it could be hard to express what you wanted to say.

"So I got an offer," Ashton started.

"What kind of offer?" I Whispered, I almost knew what he was going to say. There was only one offer that would call me into play.

"A record label, they heard a cover Luke, Calum, and I put out on our old YouTube Chanel. They think we still got it. They want to hear the whole bad back together."

I paused, almost considering it. However the idea of that was ludicrous. Getting the band back together, for what? To all fall apart again.

"Ashton in not sure," I huffed.

"I know you and Luke dont get along, but he's better." I couldn't help but laugh. Sure, Luke Hemmings wasn't still a caloussal asshole. That was easy to believe.

"Are you sure about that?" I hissed.

"Please Michael, thus was are dream," Ashton pleaded.

"Fine, I'll go to one practice, but if it goes south, I'm done."

"That's all I needed to hear, wensday at 5 meet me at the address I text you. And bring your guitar."

I agreed and quickly said my goodbye. I had another class in five minutes and quickly rushed to it. When it was finished I didn't feel like doing anything.

Why had they even wanted me? They had Luke, I'm sure they could find someone else who would love to signed onto a label. Had Luke even agreed to wanting me in the band? I highly doubted it. No matter what Ashton said I knew Luke still hated me. He aways had hated me.

However, I believed it was worth a shot. Maybe not completely worth it, but overal I had to try. I could have my dream come true if we went big again. I could have everything I wanted again. I thought it was over. I regretted it every single day. But now, now there was a chance.

I wondered how Ashton and Calum were. Ashton always so bubbly and bright. Laughing all the time and bringing joy to the band. I could tell from over the phone he was more mature now. Most likely more serious.

Then there was Calum, a great kid. He also was a joy to be around and was a killer bassist. Even when he got nervous he could pound out a great baseline.

I was glad I had kept practice over the years. Glad I could still play all our songs and had even been writing some of my own. I don't know why I kept the skill up. Guess it was a hobby I never wanted to lose. I always had enjoyed it so much.

Now it could come in handy. Now I could do what I wanted with the skill I had never let myself lose. I had the chance to be in a band again. If only I could keep Luke off my back.

Hey guyysss! I hope you've enjoyed the first two updates of this fic. I really have been enjoying writing it. I would love to take suggestions on chapters of this fic, other fics you may want me to write, and updates for my other three fics. My dms are always open for whether or not you want to talk about pretty much any fandom I'm glad to join new ones and would love to talk about the ones in in! Vote+comment it would be highly appreciated! Love you all, Paigexxx