32

Zhao Qi snorted coldly and still didn't give in. "Pay what bill? I never pay the bill when I have a meal and drink wine. If you want money, go find the Department of Imperial Clan Affairs.

The manager said with a long face, "The Department of Imperial Clan Affairs won't acknowledge this kind of bill. Young master Zhao, you're forcing us, these restaurants, to all go and live on air!"

Zhao Shi Cheng's heart felt slightly cold. He knew that the imperial clan moved to the South for the sake of advancing the merge of the community. As a result, the government was responsible for the imperial clan's expenses. However, the items that the government was responsible for was also regulated. Besides the necessary expenses, the government won't bother with these kind of expenses concerning food and drinks.

From Zhao Qi's attitude, he could tell that these members of the imperial clan probably all appeared to be like a lord of the land when they're away from home and don't pay the bill. The people here had endless complaints, yet they don't dare to speak up. This caused him to want to rectify them greatly even more.

Hence, his footsteps paused and he asked the manager, "Among the several dozen young men here, it should more or less include a majority of members from the Zhao imperial clan, right?

The manager nodded his head repeatedly, "More or less. More or less."

Zhao Shi Cheng smiled coldly. "If the fathers of this bunch of rich boys come to find you, tell them to all come to the department of imperial clan affairs to get their children. Also, get all the people with surname of Zhao, who possessed some power, to wait at the department of imperial clan affairs. Not one of them can be, or else if a single person is missing then I, Zhao Shi Cheng, will kill one person from these bunch of youngsters."

Zhao Shi Cheng knew very well that in order to deal with the members of the imperial clan, who believed themselves to be superior, the best method was to suppress them vigorously first and then impose both grace and might onto them. Because most of them merely reincarnated into a good place and was born into nobility, but in reality, those ranks that were inherited generation after generation, many of them were left to be nominal posts with an undeserved reputation. On top of that, these younger generations don't have any achievements, they could only rely on their ancestors' title to bully people, that's all.

When Zhao Shi Cheng lead all of the crestfallen members of the imperial clan who were involved to the department of imperial clan affairs, the elderly people of the older generation with the surname of Zhao rushed over in a rage, before he even had the time to get to know the yamen in the department of the imperial clan affairs, and gathered at the court room. They pointed at Zhao Shi Cheng and started to yell at him before they could even understand what was going on--

"Don't that we'll be scared of you simply because you're Great General Zhao's son! What, so the new official, who just assumed office, wants to grab my grandson to establish his power?"

"I'm telling you, if my Qi er loses a single strand of hair, I will hold you solely responsible! Going by your position in the family hierarchy, you still have to call me great-uncle!"

"You're still not letting them?! Look at how you beat this kids up in this manner. I'm definitely going to report this to the capital!"

Zhao Shi Cheng listened to these people display their power as a senior with an ice cold expression. He suddenly slammed the table and shouted loudly, "All of you shut up!"

This group of seniors have never met someone who would berate them in a loud voice. For a moment, they were all startled on the spot.

After he received a short while of silence, Zhao Shi Cheng opened his mouth and stated indifferently, "You want to report to the capital right? I'll go with you. This group of imperial clansmen indulged their horses to injure people on the street, destroy people's property, blackmail this official with intimidation and want to take action against an official appointed by the imperial court. Moreover, they also coveted the imperial court's Gaoming furen and intended on snatching her and taking advantage of her. Since you want to disclose this matter to the capital, then this official also wants to see how many heads these people have to be beheaded."