33

As they watch this group of imperial clan members, who usually looked extremely imposing from any side, now leave like stray dogs one by one, even the sunlight started to look lovely and the air also seemed to be even more fresh and clean.

Zhao Shi Cheng exchanged a glance with Tang Wan with great rapport. They smiled knowingly at each other.

As long as the two of them are of one mind, they will display great strength.

After assuming office in FuZhou for two years, Zhao Shi Cheng not only solved the financial problem, but also didn't harass the locals and became what the FuZhou people said as a good official. His reputation spread and he was held in high esteem by the people. Moreover, the public security was well regulated, businesses flourished and trade prospered. The people were able to live in peace and work happily.

Meanwhile, Lu You, who wasn't allowed to be an official in three years, was now being placed in an important position and wanted to travel to Ningde and assume the post as the official registrar. In the past three years, he kept a low profile while staying in the South and wanted to let himself forget about Tang Wan. However, when the time arrived for him to leave, he realized that even if he already had two kids with Madam Wang, he was still unable to forget Tang Wan.

Apart from that portion of strong, old affection, another portion was because of guilt. Not long ago, he unexpectedly heard that Madam Tang as well as Madam Wang once set up Tang Wan and gave her to Yang Wen Chang after drugging her. For this reason, he lost his temper and wanted to sent the two of them to the yamen. Later on, Madam Tang used her trick of making a terrible scene again, plus the fact that Madam Wang was about to give birth, to actually hold back his anger.

Although the incident passed and things have changed, Tang Wan was rescued safely and went to FuZhou with her husband to assume office, and the despicable matter that Madam Tang and Madam Wang Did was still not exposed to date, which was enough to show Tang Wan and the Zhao family was magnanimous and didn't hold them liable. However, although Lu You was a little weak, nevertheless, he was extremely upright. He may permit his mother and wife to be willful at home, yet he wasn't unable to accept the fact that they still left things to chance when they violated the law.

Consequently, he specially made a detour to FuZhou, bringing along his mother and wife and hoped to meet Zhao Shi Cheng and Tang Wan and apologize to them in person. Of course, whether or not there was selfish motives in him wanting to meet Tang Wan was unknown.

"I heard the folkways of FuZhou are swift and fierce. Their style of work is bold and unconstrained, unlike us, the capital are all intellectuals. Furthermore, those members of the imperial clan are also arrogant and despotic. These three years Zhao Shi Cheng served as an official here also shouldn't be easy, right?" Madam Tang was forced to come and her heart remained discontent. During the journey, she gossiped and satirized several times.

"Mother, we only have a few people in this party. Only Wang Qiang has some strength at best. Is there going to be any danger?" Madam Wang carried her child in her arms. When she thought that she had gone deep into a place similar to the lands of barbarians, she felt apprehensive.

"How about we let Zhao Shi Cheng send people to protect us first in case the moment we enter FuZhou, we get robbed when we encounter those unruly people." Madam Tang also started hesitate.

"Maybe Zhao Shi Cheng is already unable to protect himself." Madam Wang knitted her eyebrows tightly. "I heard that those who served as an official in FuZhou were all controlled by the imperial clan in the end. Zhao Shi Cheng's position in the clan wasn't very high. He will definitely be grasped in their hands, unable to escape..."

"Have you said enough?" Lu You found it hard to endure his discontent anymore and yelled in a deep voice, "We're here today to apologize and we should be sincere. You make sarcastic remarks, do you actually have the intention to repent and change your ways?"