16

Jermaine pov

I sat up in bed watching Janet as she slept thinking about everything that's happend since Tariq been living with us. She laid on her side of the bed her hair all over her face as she took slow breathes in and out. I moved some of the hair from her face making her stir a little bending down I kissed her cheek she pushed my face away turning away from me. I rubbed her butt under the blankets to wake her up. "Baby wake up." She moved my hand scooting over.

"You still angry at me?"

"Yes! now leave me alone I'm trying to sleep." She pulled the cover over her head. "I said I was sorry baby." She shot up throwing the covers off her body. "You've said that so many times you starting to sound like a broken record." She walked of to the bathroom shutting the door I got up following her. "What you want me to do then baby? Ever since Tariq came here things between us haven't been so good."

"I expect you to deal with him Jermaine, I told you that he stole my purse but you refuse to believe me then you allow him to put the blame on Gloria knowing very well she's never stolen from us." She brushed her teeth then poured water over her face. "He said he didn't do it maybe you misplaced it baby." She spun around so quick I thought her neck might be broken.

"It was on the damn kitchen counter I know I left it there after putting up the groceries, but it's cool you don't believe me." Leaving the bathroom she changed into some sweat pants and a tanktop. I followed her into the twins nursery as she changed Zoey's diaper I changed Bella. My princess was looking at me like she knew something was wrong. "Why you looking at me like that huh princess?" I dressed her up holding her in my arms now. My babies were always fighting for my attention Zoey stretched her tiny arms for me I took her holding them both now.

Janet walked out the nursery. "Daddy loves you two so much." I went into the living room putting them down in their playpin going to the kitchen Gloria and Janet were in there talking. I cleared my throat getting their attention. "Gloria I would like to apologise for Tariq's behaviour the other night I know you would never steal from us." I saw Janet shaking her head as she opened the fridge getting the milk out.

"He couldn't come and apologise himself?" She didn't even look up at me as she poured the milk in a cup. "He will I'll make sure of it." She smacked her lips pushing me aside and left out the kitchen. I went to get dressed for the studio this was all becoming too much right now and it was just so hard for me to choose. I know even though she wouldn't say it with her mouth she wanted Tariq out of the house but how do I tell him he gotta go when I promised him and his mother to help him get on his feet.

Walking back downstairs she was on the couch the tv on. "I'm heading out I'll see you later." I went in for a kiss on her cheek but she moved her head away. "I love you." Still nothing she just looked straight ahead at the tv. I kissed my babies goodbye then left the house I had to stop by my mother first and talk to her. Pulling in her driveway I knocked twice she opened the door allowinf me inside.

"Hey son." She hugged me. "Hey mama how you been?"

"I been good just missing my grandbabies, how you? And how is that boy Tariq?." I scratched at my head letting out a deep breathe. "That boy been trouble since he stepped foot in my house ma, he cause so much tension between me and Janet." She folded her arms her back to the fridge. "I done told yo'ass not to let that boy come live with ya'll but no Jermaine don't listen to nobody." She hit me on the back of my head. "But ma he's family and I was trying to help him out but I'm regretting it ."

"Chile! Sometimes it be family that do you wrong I know you wanna help everybody son but some people just don't need the help you gotta let them learn the hard way that life ain't easy." Damn my mother was right. "I hear you ma but how do I tell him he gotta go back to his momma house? He got a kid to look after I promised to help him get a job."