Chapter 21: The Letter

(Marcy's pov)

I sit up and yawn. For once PB is laying sound asleep beside me. I go to float to the bathroom but get half way there and fall. I get up and shake my head and look around and the room is really dark. Then I look back to Bonnie and her neck has been slashed. Clean half way through, and her hair all messed up, her eyes in horror and her mouth wide open.

"PB?.....Bonniebel?....no...." A bang starts at the door and I turn and see peppermint, finn, Jake, and the banana guards. I gasp and turn and run out the window. I jump, hoping my floating/flying powers come back, I begin to float. I fly away into the forest... I go into the dark depths of it and sit in a ball.

I wake up sore as hell. When I look around it's dark and PB is no where in sight. I get up, or try to and go in the kitchen to see everyone whispering. Finn, Jake, and Raggedy princess.

"Hey guys what's up?" I say while going to get an apple.

"Not much. How's Bonnie?" Jake asks.

"I don't know, she wasn't in bed..."

"Oh... We thought she was with you...."

"No...." I say with a little scarceness in my voice. I didn't did I? No I couldn't have... She....

"I saw her fly off last night." Raggedy says with a small whisper.

Looks up at rag, "when?"

"Last night"

"Okay.... So how long has she been gone."

"Since last night obviously..." She looks out the window. "I'm not sure where she went."

"Hopefully she didn't go for your dad..." Jake comments.

I snap my head to Jake and go to fly out of the room but finn grabs my arm. "What?!" I say worried and scared.

"Okay marcy think about it." Finn says keeping a grin on my arm. "What if she isn't there, you barge in and start another fight. You could die or get hurt."

"And if she is she could die or get hurt or worse!" I yell.

"What's worse then dying?" Jake says in a mumble.

"Become my fathers slave!" I shout. "He's done it before...." Mumbling now I snatch from Finn and storm upstairs and into our bedroom. I slam the door and lock it and then lock the window. I sit at the desk and grab some paper.

I hear a knocking at the window and I growl. When it continues I just get up and open the window to PB's bird.

I just stare at it. "What?..."

It spreads it's wings. Then It just looks away. It flies in and goes into Bonnie's lab pocket and grabs the orb, then flies back out.

"Yo- okay...." Looking at it, should I follow?

It flies back in and stands near the door.

"What?...." I ask really annoyed.

It just stares at me then it flies out the window and I hear yelling downstairs. I see it again flying off, I still wonder if I should follow. If PB wanted to be alone... I should respect that right? But what if jake is right, what if she went to my father... The yelling down stairs gets louder. I sneak down and listen.

"It was delivering a letter." Peppermint says.

"Well read it." Jake comments.

"Dear well everyone... I have wrote this to tell you that I'm fine, I've gone away to think. Marcy I know you will take this the wrong way, but please don't worry... I just need quiet. You should know where I've gone if you think back to a long while back, but I'm fine and I hope none of you are worried or mad... Love PB"

"Well it sounds alright. We should probably give it to Marcy though." Finn says taking it from Peppermint.

I dart back upstairs and quietly shuts the door and floats above the bed. Listening to Finns footsteps come up the stairs but stop.

"Why? The poor vampire can worry."

"Peppermint what's wrong with you lately? I thought y-"

"I liked marceline, but when all of this started my tolerance for her went down, and now I can't tolerate her anymore."

"But peppermint, you will have to get over it.... She is marrying PB."

"Finn, say it to me-"

I hear Jake and then Finn and Peppermint say at the same time 'hey!'. Then I eat a knock at the door.

"Come in." I say still floating.

"Hay I wanted to give this to you, it's from PB." Jake says handing me the letter.

"Thanks Jake." I say taking it from him and laying it on the desk.

"So do you know where she means?" Peppermint asks with a small glare.

"Peppermint, don't you think I should read it first." I say as I pick up the letter opener and re-open it. I pretend read it. "Nope...and don't give a glare." I say sitting in the chair, my guitar appears and I strum the strings.

"Okay... Good day." He walks out and Finn and Jake stay.

"So what are you going to do?"

"What do you mean?" I ask playing and humming.

"You going to try and find her it wait?" Jake asks.

"I think she wants to be left alone.... And that's what I'm going to do." To be honest I don't even remember what she means by thinking hard to remember a spot....

"Oh, well then we'll see you in a little while Marcy." They both wave and leave.

I smile and wave and when they close the door I look out the window. Maybe the island, and if that's it then should I go or not? If I do she may not like the company, and on top of that, she said she wanted quiet... Which around me isn't ever. Why did she say yes... I'm happy but if she ever wants quiet time she'll have to go on a trip.

I'm getting off topic, if I go then she can say two things, leave or stay.