Chapter Two

This unusual blue cat had red eyes and had white over his arms and tail. He was wearing a sweater that was red and black. He always seemed to smile and never stopped. It was the strangest thing in the world.

I'm the most confused person on this planet right now. This cat is talking? I'm probably going insane since I missed my stop.

I did nothing but stare and think for a while. I finally replied, "I... I um, wait, who are you?"

He ended up sitting at the chair across from me anyway. He laughed, then said, "I'm Rover!"

So great, a cat is talking to me that has a dog's name?

"All right then," I answered, unsure of myself if I should introduce myself. "My name is Olivia."

I just said my name. I hope that's not bad.

"Oh, nice name, Olivia! It's kind of cute!" he exclaimed.

Without any hesitation, Rover asked me, "What town are you moving to?" By the look on his face, I could tell he was excited. I think.

"I'm not moving," I clearly stated. There was no way I was moving right now. Especially if I'm not with my family and without any money.

A question mark randomly appeared over his head. Something's wrong with him. I just know it. He thinks I'm moving! I never said anything about that in the first place!

"You're not moving...?" Rover asked, confused. Then he laughed so hard like he was going to explode. "I know you're joking! Come on now, I'm not falling for that! Haha!"

There was a very small moment of pause. "Seriously though, where are you headed to?"

I didn't want to say anything. This talking cat is a stalker or something. I just know it.

He was bothering me so much I just had to give him the answer to his question. The place that the 'voice' said I was heading to.

"Animal Crossing." I said this like I didn't care.

"Oooh! I've been to that town before! It's a really nice place to live! I bet you'll love it there!" Rover exclaimed. He showed me a map of the town. Apparently the bus stop was right in front of the police station. A general store known as 'Nook's Cranny' was located just east of it. The post office and the tailor shop were on the western side. Also, Animal Crossing had a museum to my surprise. Four open homes were vacant for new citizens to stay. There were some people living in the others. At least I think they are humans. That map will come in handy. Maybe.

He immediately went on with more questions. "Say, do you know where you'll stay yet? How much bells do you have with you, anyway?"

"I dunno," I replied. I just wanted this day to end. I want to go home.

What if I'm just dreaming? I could be at home right now: in bed, taking a nap, dreaming that animals could talk....

Or I could be going insane. How is this not normal-colored cat able to talk in the first place? There were so many questions unanswered about this.

"Hey, um, Rover?" I asked. Something suspicious was going on.

Rover smiled at me, ready to start a new conversation. "Yes?"

Now was my chance to ask him about these mysterious things I was wondering about. I said, "How are you able to talk when you're a cat? Average cats don't speak a single word in English."

"Oh! It looks like we made it to Animal Crossing! Good luck with you're new life!" he cheerfully said. He just ignored my question.

"All right," I whispered to myself. As soon as I left the bus, my plan was to escape this weird town. I took a step onto the circle grass of Animal Crossing.

"If you survive..." he whispered.

If I survive?

-----------------

Right when I was going to make a run for it, I was stopped by a raccoon wearing a blue apron.

First a blue cat, and now a raccoon? This town is probably populated with animals.

All of a sudden I felt really, really, sad. I was STUCK in this town I didn't want to be in. Thoughts were rushing through my mind.

Tears filled my eyes as I left the raccoon standing there. I cried all the way to the nearest building.