Chapter Five

"Can you please go away? I want my privacy," I asked the raccoon.

"I could if I wanted to," Timmy started, "but I won't."

I was really annoyed. Why can't a girl meet new villagers in peace? I don't like that Timmy is going to follow me wherever I go.

"So, you're like your uncle then, huh?" I said.

Timmy looked at the grass below him. It looked as if he was going to say something, but didn't. Now I kind of felt bad.

"Sorry for asking..." I replied.

That topic was dropped as I approached the first house. I passed Agent S's house, of course, because I've been there. Then all of a sudden, someone attacked me with a net.

Timmy gave a quick yelp. I don't know why I didn't do the same.

"Oh... So sorry! I thought you were Big Top. Agent S and I are on the lookout for him. My apologies, psst," said a white cat wearing a red helmet. What's so bad about this Big Top guy?

"Oooookay," I answered, confused. He looked like he was a superhero. I don't think he's a real one though. Agent S was probably his 'partner in crime'.

He interrupted me. "So, are you the new resident everyone's talking about? My name is Kid Cat, and we should go training together someday!"

This guy apparently liked to exercise and get active. I'm not sure if we'll be friends.

"I'm supposed to meet everyone, sooo..." I gave an annoyed look to Timmy while saying this, "My name is Olivia."

"See ya later, Olivia! I have to find out where Big Top is! He could be committing crime!" Kid Cat leaves with his net. "Agent S, come with me!"

Agent S came up to him.

Timmy went up to me. "That wasn't a very nice face you gave me. But see, meeting Kid Cat wasn't so bad, right?"

"He hit me with a big catching net! It hurt!"

"Oh come on, that's just Kid Cat. I'm sure there will be nicer people. I've met them all!"

Of course he did. He is Nook's nephew, for Pete's sake.

Without even looking, I bumped into this gray elephant. I could already tell by his clothes that he was Big Top. No, his name wasn't printed on his green shirt. It was the number 3 instead.

"KID CAT AND AGENT S, I WILL FIND YOU!!!" he shouted at the top of his lungs. Timmy and I just stood there next to each other, shocked. This is a part of the reason why I mentioned that everyone was a stalker.

I began to say something to Big Top. "We're not-"

"I JUST WANT MY SPOOKY COUCH BACK!" Big Top interrupted. "WHY AREN'T YOU TWO RETURNING IT?"

Timmy was in the most horrorified mood I've ever seen him in. He began to run over to an orange tree and started shaking. He was whispering under his breath. Big Top was creepy. He was scaring the poor little guy!

Wait. How come I feel bad for Timmy? He deserves it after following me around. Maybe Tom Nook deserves being yelled at by a crazy elephant.

I needed to introduce myself. It was part of the job. "I'm Oliv-"

Big Top grabbed his golden bug net from the grass and ran in direction Kid Cat and Agent S were running. I don't think he noticed that Timmy and I were trying to get his attention.

Timmy looked left and right to make sure Big Top was out of sight. He walked quietly to me. "That was unexpected. I've never seen him so angry before. It scared me!" Timmy stated.

"I could tell," I stated. "Not everyone makes good first impressions."

"He's never usually like that..." Timmy mumbled to himself quietly.

I checked the map of Animal Crossing. The closest house from where we were was owned by this guy named Chief. Hopefully he wasn't as crazy as the three I already met.

I followed the map while Timmy trailed behind me, like normal. I knocked on his door, and thank goodness he was home. Chief answered the door.

"Oh, hello there. I heard you are the new resident, Olivia. Please come on in, harrumph," he said to me.

"Thanks," I replied a few seconds later. How did he know...?

Chief held his cup of coffee. "My name's Chief. Life can be well, interesting in this town. You'll get used to things pretty quickly," he explained.

"Oh okay," I replied. Interesting? What did he mean by 'interesting'?

It was becoming dark outside. I knew that I had to leave. Timmy was already falling asleep. I didn't think it was that late though. My watch showed 7:06 pm. Maybe his bedtime was pretty early.

"Well, I better be heading out. It's getting dark," I said.

"Okay, then," Chief replied, "Bye for now."

I woke Timmy up and walked outside. It was already cold.

-------------------

When we arrived at Nook's Cranny, Nook immediately asked me, "So, did you meet everyone yet?"

I was speechless. I haven't even met half of the villagers here. Big Top was a distraction and so was Timmy.

"No," I murmured.

Nook wasn't very happy with me. I could tell by the look on his face.

Timmy joined the conversation. "She tried to meet everyone. I was watching. There were a lot of distractions, Uncle Tom," he said sleepily. He was actually helping me.

Nook took a deep breath. "Timothy, bedtime. Olivia, please come back first thing tomorrow. I'm trusting you on this," Nook said. While Timmy was on his way to another room, Nook gave me my house key.

Finally Nook trusted me. Let's see how I feel tomorrow if I actually come back to the cranny. Then he'd lose my trust. I'll probably come back.

"Thank you," I replied, leaving Nook's Cranny. I didn't like that raccoon. He is too desperate for bells. He just wants me to pay my house loan as quick as possible.

My house was near another villager. I might introduce myself to that animal tomorrow.

Once I opened the door to my house, I was relieved to hop in bed and finally have some rest. This was the first time I was ever living alone. I had a long day today. Leaving your friends and family by an unknown bus incident leading you to the wrong town is bad enough. I can't even escape.

Starting over could be a good thing. I really hope I enjoy living here.

-------------------

In the middle of the night, I could hear whispering from outside the window. I could barely listen because I was too sleepy.

"She has no idea what's going to happen..." whispered one person.

"I can't believe she doesn't know..." said another.

Then I heard a big yell from a third voice. By the sound of the grass, I could tell that they were running.

"NO!" shouted that third voice.