Part One: Chicago

(Part One: Chicago)

(Xavier's P.O.V)

"No no no. That's all wrong, you're supposed to tilt it to the left! " Stephen  frowns at me while I stand on the stool.

"Dude, if I tilt it anymore to the left, I'll fall off of the stool!" I throw back at him.

"Fine then, get down you wet sock, I'll show you how it's done. "

I let the banner fall and hold my hands in the air while hopping off of the creaky stool.

My lungs ache and I let out a small cough, despite having done the least physical activity I could have today.

"How's this look? "

I peer up at the bright banner and give him a thumbs up, allowing myself to relax a little.

"C'mon people, Ava's surprise party wont plan itself! " He claps his hands at Tracey.

"It's just me" She pops her gum at him and drops a box on the couch, resting her hand on her side.

"Yeah well the others are keeping her busy so don't complain" I mess with my lip ring and put the stool back.

"You could have been stuck eating double fudge ice cream with Ava, yet you decided to be here with us" Stephen gushes at her.

"Yeah, I regret that decision now" Tracey scowls and picks up some confetti poppers.

After a few moments of quiet, everyone working hard on setting up things, Stephen interrupts the silence with a gasp.

We quickly turn to him and he's rubbing a balloon on his head.

"What are you.. " Tracey starts.

"Watch" Stephen exclaims while placing the energized balloon on the ceiling, and to our surprise, it stays.

"Right, gold idea, you can use your head for something" I joke and throw him a pack of balloons.

He flips me the bird before connecting more floating balls of color onto the ceiling.

Floating balls of color.

I laugh silently to myself at the stupidity of my mind.

~ ~ ~ ~

The lights flicker on and we all jump out, screaming a loud 'surprise'.

"Gasp, for me? " Stephen says in a female tone.

"Right, she'll love it" He nods and we smile, our practice going perfect.

"What's going on? " A soft voice asks from behind Stephen and I see Goldies small figure peering through the door way, keys in her hand.

I slump onto the couch and Tracey face palms.

"Zahbia, I swear to sweet fuck, you had one job" Stephen turns and shakes her.

"You said you were ready! " She defends.

"Right Goldie, we're going back outside" I get up and lead her out of the house.

Closing the door, I lean against it with one arm and check my watch.

"We'll give them a moment, till then, how was your day? " I grin back at Goldie as she breaks into a heartwarming smile.

"Decent" She jokes and I check my watch once more.

"Okay, so you need to act surprised, we spent 3 hours on this" I tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear.