Chapter 9

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto.

My stomach turned at the thought of having to be professional around Naruto's parents. I've known them since I was in high school and I just hope everything goes well in front of Mr. Uchiha.

He tightens his gold watch wrapped around his wrist and clears his throat as he opens the passenger door for me to come out. It was a cloudy night; the moon was barely visible out in the parking lot. There were expensive looking cars surrounding the lot leaving me in awe. The building to the restaurant had vast, glass windows and doors with chandeliers inside and out. The counters and tables had bouquets of different flowers inside of a glass vase with golden rims.

Mr. Uchiha leads me to the restaurant with his hand on my lower back and a smirk.

"Breathe, Ms. Haruno. You'll do just fine. Just take mental notes of the information they give and exchange and I promise you it will go smoothly.", he chuckled under is breath, "I'll make sure that you get to enjoy yourself by the end of the night."

kami..

My face burns in embarrassment. Little does Mr. Uchiha know that I've known them for years and the last time I'd seen them were years ago when Naruto had gotten too drunk and I had to drive him home..

As we entered the restaurant the sound of a live band came from across the marbled floor. They played the saxophone and piano along with a beautiful woman singing with a soft voice. There were sophisticated groupies drinking and laughing together and they dressed extremely formal. I look WAY TOO simple for this place..

"Looks like our partners got here before we did.", Mr. Uchiha says as he walked us to a rounded table with a bouquet of flowers as the center piece.

Naruto's parents were sitting next to each other both smiling and laughing together, enjoying each others company as usual. His mother had lovely, long red, silky hair and his father was blonde with hair that reached to his neck. She wore a green dress that clings onto her neck and his father wore a navy blue suit with a black turtle neck.

They both look so in love with each other, it reminds me of my mama and papa..

"Ah Sakura! You look absolutely stunning! You've developed so well, my darling!", Naruto's mother claps her hands and gives me a bright smile. "I didn't know you were Sasuke's plus one!" She raises her brow and chuckles.

plus one?

"Excuse me, Mrs. Uzumaki, I'm afraid I wasn't aware you've known Ms. Haruno.", Sasuke shakes her hand and charms her with his pleasant smile.

"Of course we know miss lovely Sakura! She's been friends with Naruto for years!", Naruto's dad chuckles and shakes Sasuke's hand firmly.

"Ah that's great to hear! We can definitely skip on introducing ourselves then. How're the drinks?", Mr. Uchiha slides out a seat for me to sit on and joins me.

"They're amazing! The Uchiha's have amazing taste in wine and it's very generous of you to pay for this delicious dinner.", She smiles brightly and finishes the rest of her drink.

"My love, take it easy on the wine. You've been drinking since we got here.", Minato worries over his wife and smiles.

"Oh come on! I'm fine darling, don't worry!", she playfully shoves him and giggles as she hiccups.

Mr. Uchiha chuckles and nods his head. "It was my pleasure."

"Sakura, honey, you're old enough to drink now!", Kushina giggles and calls over a waiter and ordered another bottle of wine. "I'll buy this bottle, please join me!" She smiles brightly and hands me a cup of wine.