01. homecoming

O N E 
homecoming

"  nice going garry! i swear to god, this is the last time i trust you with any more than farting  "

L E S L I E   K N O P E, was many, many things.

A wonderful mom, a hard-working employee, an inspiring feminist, an intense boss [she prefered passionate] a woman of action, a goal-getter.

But above all, no matter how many words could be used to describe her, good or bad, chill was not in the repertoire.

Leslie paced the width of her office, her eyes occasionally glancing towards the window directly behind her to see Craig yelling his head off about god knows what into his phone, but other than that, the courtyard was barren.

The window was cracked open slightly, mainly because the sweet smell of pawnee air [granted from the Sweetums factories air pollution] was a nice change to the humid weather she was used to back in D.C.

Despite him being a congressman, Leslie and Ben had found themselves primarily back in Pawnee due to her election.

Never aforethought of the big move was where their politics would take place, thinking that the most obvious solution was to conduct from their house as a sort of political home-base.

Because of their evergrowing triplets and all their own personal agendas as well as their home setup being short of professional they found themselves back at city hall where their story began in the first place, this time, however, in the mercy of Craig as he never seemed to leave and found himself in the position of city manager.

Naturally, he was [not so] happy to lend the once again abandoned first floor to Leslie and her associates.

Once the news had spread that Leslie was running for governor, The United Individuals Non-Profit had full-heartedly put their groups support in Leslie, after all, she had been able to provide a considerable sum of finances and jobs into the organisation.

With Leslie's influence, thinking that the United Individuals helping at-risk youth and clueless adults find meaningful jobs would help the campaign, April found herself as the new CEO of the middle America branch of the non-profit.

Andy, a part-time stay-at-home dad to his darling son, returned to school.

The epiphany had hit him when his son was first born thanks to Donna's husband Joe, that the perfect career was under him this whole time, being a primary school teacher.

That thought alone put a smile on Leslie's face, temporarily distracting her from the madness in her mind.

But the rattle of the door to the room hit the wall with a bang, followed by the door's wood tearing in half, knocked her right back into chaos.