Chapter 3

(Media= Lucy)

Chapter 3

Normal POV

Lucy entered the parlour and curtsied to her Father where he sat drinking tea from the European china which had once been her mother's.

"Come, sit." he beckoned, no affection showing in his eyes as they swept judgementally over her, picking up on a missing bead on the decorative sash around her waist. However, he did not mention it as he usually would have.

"Thank you, sir." Lucy curtsied quickly before sitting herself on a sofa. Aries, another maid, was quick to serve her tea, apologising nervously as she did so.

"Please leave us."

Aries was quick to do so, still apologising as Lucy's father glared coldly at her.

They were left in a heavy silence for a few minutes, and the girl could only sip her tea and stare at the ornate carpet which decorated the wooden floor until her father broke the silence.

"There is something I wish to speak to you about."

I figured out that much myself, Lucy thought to herself, but she dared not say the words aloud.

"Yes, Father?"

"Tomorrow evening I have guests arriving- important guests. The visit will be a confidential matter of business."

"I see."

"Your Grandmother had invited you to visit her, so you will be leaving to see her tomorrow morning. Aries, Virgo, Leo and Crux will accompany you."

"Then may I excuse myself to pack?"

He nodded.

"I will arrange a dinner tray to be taken to your room so that you can prepare without interruptions. Aries and Virgo will assist you."

"Thank you, sir."

Lucy's POV

Packing on such short notice would have normally stressed me out but I was too confused to think much of it. Why was I being sent away? There was no way my Grandmother would volunteer to take me- she hated me. Besides, we weren't actually related. My 'grandmother' was just my old Governess who ended up marrying a rich man and ditched me without a regret in the world. I could only presume my Father had offered her something in return for putting up with me for a few days whilst he focused on his beloved work.

"Princess, do you want to take this?" Virgo asked, holding up a photo album full of pictures of me and my mother.

"Yes, please." I watched her place it in the smaller suit case being used for my valuables.

"Is it time for punishment, Princess?" Virgo asked, stretching. I ignored the comment, instead turning to Aries.

"So you think you could ask Cook to prepare some food to take on the journey?"

"Yes, sorry." she hurried from the room, her fluffy pink hair bouncing on her shoulders. The girl had always been nervous and shy- I presume because of something which happened in her past. The only person she seemed completely comfortable around was Leo, a flirtatious stable boy who liked to be called Loke. Or maybe he was the person she was least comfortable around for different reasons.

"And this book?" Virgo held up the book I had thoughtlessly left on the floor of the library.

I froze, a half folded skirt on my lap.

Natsu.

I could do nothing but stare at the cover, my blood running cold through my veins, into my bones.

"Princess? Princess? Are you quite alright?" Virgo frowned, putting aside the book and hurrying over to place a hand on my forehead.

"Just... Just a moment of dizziness." I replied, and Virgo slowly pulled back her hand, frowning.

"Maybe you should get an early night."

"Let's finish packing, I can sleep plenty on the journey. And please put the book in with my photo album."

I pressed the heel of my palm to my forehead where Virgo had laid her hand moments before. I hadn't thought about it before, but there was a chance- a small chance- that I would bump into the fire eater and Happy on my trip. And I would cling to that chance no matter how slim it was.