.02

If honesty should be practiced at this moment, Jungkook had to admit that he doubted his decision. He doubted every single time he thought of what he did but then, it was probably the best decision to choose. Staying in a relationship with someone who didn't appreciate him a single bit would make him a total idiot and before he could get dumped like before, he made the first move to choose that option.

If others could move on so easily, he doubted he wouldn't be able to do the same. He was not sure if he would be able to move on in a day or two but he would definitely forget about Chaeyoung and start anew. If he could move on from the ex-girlfriend before Chaeyoung, then for sure, he wouldn't have any problem of moving on from Park Chaeyoung.

So far, it had been a week since he had last spoken with her. It had been a week since they had gone their separate ways. He still saw her once or twice coming to his workplace to meet with his boss regarding her work but none of those times had he seen her glancing at his area like she used to. And within the whole week, never had he stumbled upon her anywhere in the building they were both living in.

Good, he thought. It made everything easier for the both of them.

The sound and visual of fingers snapping just before his eyes made him shut both eyes in an instant, jerking his head backwards. With a heavy frown, he turned to the owner of the fingers who was standing beside him.

"The hell?" he muttered.

His colleague stared down at him with a flat expression before a sigh escaped the taller man, Yugyeom. "I've always known that you're not an excellent worker but spacing out was not your favorite habit."

Jungkook took a deep breath and sighed as he straightened himself on the chair he was sitting on. "I wasn't spacing out."

"Yeah, yeah. Bang Sihyuk was yelling at you and threw you this and you gave no reaction at all. Be glad that he didn't care much for your attention but I actually expected you to give at least a slight reaction when he threw your girlfriend's file filled with her designs on your desk like it's a trash."

Jungkook averted his eyes from his colleague to Chaeyoung's file, hand automatically touching it and flipping every page. He felt a little furious at the thought of it being thrown like a trash. She worked so hard in every design and although none of these designs were used for the office, still, what was Bang Sihyuk thinking tossing it like that? Bang Sihyuk could be rude to him but there was no way he was letting his girlfriend be treated that way.

Girlfriend?

Jungkook swallowed hard as the reality hit. Park Chaeyoung was now holding the 'ex-girlfriend' label, no longer was she his girlfriend. And since it was that way, he shouldn't care much about how his rude boss treated her.

"What's this doing on my desk?" he asked, flipping it close and pushing it aside like it was dirty.

Yugyeom was silent for a few seconds, probably noticing how Jungkook suddenly acted. "Boss said she left it yesterday when she was in a rush. So he asked you to pass it to her." Yugyeom took the file into his hand as he leaned slightly against the cubicle. "Wow, her designs are pretty great. I should hire her to design my family's house."

Jungkook's brows twitched as he fixed his gaze on the computer screen. Without realizing, his hand lifted from the mouse he was holding, snatching the file from the other male's hand. "Don't even think about it."

*

The history repeated again.

Now that Chaeyoung was single, there was exactly nothing that could rid the lonely feeling she was having. Even drawing felt so forced when she attempted to do something with her pencil and paper. Eventually, she chose to sit on the sofa and stare at whatever that was playing on the television. As if the whole world knew that she was single, almost every channel she frequented displayed either a loving couple or a couple in the midst of having the relationship falling apart, further reminding her of her own breakup.