Chapter 10

~Jonathan's POV~

It was just me and him. It felt kinda weird... To have my bully over, but he was my friend. In a way... Me and Evan were sitting on the couch watching some TV. There was really nothing on...

"So.. Why do you think Rachel is mad at Kelly?" Evan suddenly said. I looked over at him, my brow raising. Then my eyes widened, was he really into this show?

"What? Oh, I don't know... I never watch this. I don't even know what this is called anyway." I shuffled around to try to find the remote.

"Huh... It's interesting." His shoulders shrugged. Evan was just so focused on the TV. I highly doubt he cared what he was watching... But he was very interested. Then the front door opened to reveal Luke.

"Sorry that I wasn't Home, I was working and-" He suddenly stopped when he saw Me and Evan on the couch. I paused the show, and turned my attention towards him.

"Didn't expect another friend so early." Luke then laughed. Evan glanced at me, looking a bit nervous..

"Um... Uh, Hi." Evan stuttered.

"Luke, this is Evan. And Evan this is Luke." Luke walked over, and they both shook hands. Evan just looked very nervous.... I wonder why he was. Normally everyone is just pretty chill when they meet Luke. But Evan.... Seems different.

"Nice to meet you." Luke smiled at Evan, while the other boy smiled back.

"Yea... Sorry if I seem nervous, I don't do well meeting new people.." Evan rubbed the back of his neck. You seemed fine while meeting me? Maybe it's because Luke is quite intimidating... He gives off that feeling sometimes.

"It's totally fine, but trust me... I don't bite." Luke winked. I chuckled lightly at the comment. But my stomach felt a bit twisted... Like it was sick. I didn't like it.

"Well I'll be in my room, I am really tired.... If something happens, just wake me." He then walked down the hall where his room was, as if he looked like a zombie. I still wonder what he does for work, he never tells me anything...

"Alright." Once the room door closed, that sick feeling disappeared. I looked to Evan who gave me this shocked look.

"I didn't expect Luke to be... Like that.." Evan mumbled.

"Oh! He's... 2 years older than me. He graduated last year."

"He did? I never saw him at school..."

"He probably went to a different one." I shrugged my shoulders. Evan's phone began to ring, he fumbled around for the phone in his jacket pocket. He gave it a quick glance before turning it off, and putting it back. His eyes rolled at it, and he looked back at me. A smile appeared on his face..

"Who was that?" I raised my brow. He shrugged his shoulders.

"Someone that isn't important right now. Can we continue watching the show?" He kinda sounded annoyed that I asked... Maybe he was lying about it, and just didn't wanna say anything. I nodded, then started the show again. Evan was getting back into it while my mind still swirled around who was calling him... Probably one of his group friends, but.. I gotta know!
-
A little later, Evan was sleeping on the couch. This was probably the perfect time to look at his phone... There would be no other time. I reached over to the pocket where he phone was held, I pulled it out slowly... Making sure to not to wake him up. It was a cool phone, it had a red metallic case. And I'm not sure the type of phone it was though.

"Where's the on button..?" I murmured, then it flashed on to reveal 8 missed calls from... Athena? And 2 texts from Tyler.

Ty: Dude! Where the hell are you?! You didn't come to the game today...

Ty: Athena is PISSED. You've been ignoring her all week. You better call her, or else she'll beat your ass!

Who was Athena? Suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist. I looked up to see Evan staring at me coldly... My eyes widened as I looked at the phone then back at him. His grip tightened around my wrist, making me whimper.

"What the hell are you doing?" He growled, then grabbed the phone away from me.

"I... W-Who's Athena?" I asked. His eyes widened.

"None of your concern..! God, didn't take you to be the one to sneak around like that.." It kinda hurt... What he said of course, but I did get my self into this.. His grip tightened again, forcing me to yelp. I tried to yanked my hand away from him, but he wouldn't budge.

"Let me go!" I whined.

"Or what?" He hissed.

"I'll.... I'll beat you up!" I grabbed his hand gripping on my wrist, trying to pry it off of me. He suddenly grabbed my free arm, pushed me back onto the couch, and pinned me to it. He was on top of me, the grays of his eyes narrowing.

"Try to." Evan smirked. My eyes widened as I shuffled underneath him. I couldn't move much since the weight of his body on me. Part of me didn't want to actually hurt him though... It's probably easy just to stay still. Then I thought..

"W-What are we Evan?" I stuttered. His eyes widened at me. Did I just say that out loud..? I stared at him wide eyed.

"Are we... Friends? Acquaintances? Strangers..?" I softly said the last part. He backed off of me, and let me sit up. Evan looked at the floor, then back at me. He stood up from the couch.

"I... I gotta go.." He bolted to the front door. Shutting it, and leaving me to hear the fake echo in my head..