Chapter Seven : Poor Brent

They got on a bus and headed to the mall, where they spent their time mainly goofing around in different shops. Lisa was having the time of her life as she joined the rest of them as they joked around and had lively conversations.

    Rita craftily made Brent sit down at a makeup store and told him that she was just going to apply a slight blush on him because she needs to find out if it'll suit her and that since she already had a bit of makeup on her, he could be her substitute because they had the same skin complexion.

    After a ton of convincing and forcing him to listen to Rita, the guys made him oblige. He sat there with a makeup remover wipe in his hand and closed his eyes with a frown when Rita asked him to and silently prayed that she wouldn't do something weird.
    And when he opened his eyes to see himself in the mirror, his worries came true as he gawked at seeing the two big red circles on his cheeks.

     " And I present to you all, Pikachu Brent !!!"  Rita said as she held onto Herb's shoulder as she laughed silently but so hard that she was shaking. He looked at the others in disbelief and after a minute of silence they all broke out laughing looking at Brent as he tried to remove it frantically with the wipe. Lisa laughed so hard that her sides started aching.

     In the end, Rita had to buy a tube of the red lip gloss she used on Brent even though the one she used was a tester because of all the commotion they caused.
     And right after they stepped out of the shop, Brent glared at Rita and said " You are so done for. " And immediately Rita said " Uh ho." And took off running while laughing. Brent immediately ran after her and Herb and Leon and Lisa laughed in the background.

     " Do we follow them? " Lisa asked as she massaged her jaws to make them stop aching because of all the laughing.
     " Nah, they'll be back here soon. " Leon said with a grin.
     " And guess what? Rita doesn't even wear makeup!! I can't believe Brent believed her!! " Herb said as he laughed again.
     " Oh wow! " Lisa exclaimed with a huge grin.

     " And here they come. " Leon said looking at two figures coming towards their way while panting. Brent was still glaring at Rita and she cheekily held her tongue out and winked at us.

     " Oh gosh, I'm so tired and hungry !! " Rita said after she got her breath steady.
     " How about we hit the food street which is a few blocks away from here? " Herb asked.
     Everyone except Brent agreed while be just grunted.

     " Oh come on, cheer up!! It was just a joke and I said sorry anyway!! " Rita said as she playfully kicked him while they were walking.
     " I wonder what I should do with this lip gloss tube. I'll give to my cousin since I don't use any of these a lot. I don't like makeup too. " She said in a matter-of-fact manner with a slight shrug.

     " So you don't wear makeup???? I still don't understand how you guys tricked me into sitting there. I mean HOW in the world was I convinced by you guys that it was even remotely ok to let this thought be entertained by me?! " He exasperatedly exclaimed. Everyone just laughed looking at poor Brent shaking his head in dismay.

     Lisa was pleasantly surprised at getting to see this side of Brent. He was usually calm and well mannered and was often the mediator of the group, who controlled them if they got too rambunctious. So seeing him lose his cool for a bit was a treat for her.

    They passed an alley while walking on the sidewalk which everyone ignored. But something suddenly caught Lisa's eye and she stopped and turned towards the alley.