Gabriel

This one is short, as I'm afraid all of the rest will be. Hope you enjoy, anyway!

"Gabriel, wake up. You're all done," the nurse said, still puttering around putting things away.

Gabriel opened his eyes and blinked about a dozen times. He had a lazy smile and started giggling. "I feel funny," he said.

Sang stepped closer to him, "A good funny or a bad funny? Or just funny?"

Gabriel giggled again, "A good funny. A reallyyy good funny."

Sang looked over to Dr. Green, who said, "Well, Gabe, are you ready to head home? What do you want to eat?"

Gabe slurred, "I want a cheeseburger!"

Sang huffed a laugh and began to stroke his hair, "Meanie, you can't have a cheeseburger, yet. How about a smoothie? Or a milkshake?"

"Okay. Milkshakes are yummy."

The nurse came back with a wheelchair, "Alright, Gabriel, it's time to go on a ride!"

"Like on a rollercoaster?!" He exclaimed as he maneuvered himself into the chair.

"Almost!" The nurse smiled.

The group walked out to the front of the building, where North waited with his Jeep.
"North! Oh, man, you do care about me!" North looked more than a little confused at Gabriel's comment.

"Of course I do," North grumbled.

Once Gabriel was seated in the front seat (Sang cheered to herself at finally having one of the boys sit in the front, even though he was drugged), they made their way to Victor's, stopping to get Gabriel's milkshake on the way.

Gabriel giggled the whole drive home, especially when he saw a person dressed up as a hotdog mascot twirling a sign.

They pulled up to see all of the boys standing outside. After the group unloaded from the truck, Luke went up to Gabriel, slung an arm around his shoulders, and said, "How are ya feeling, buddy?"

Gabriel opened and closed his mouth a few times, then said, "There are these... freaking... sheep... in my mouth."

The group laughed, Gabriel laughing when everyone else did, and Luke replied, "Alright then, well, let's get you upstairs and take a nap."

"Okay," Gabriel laughed.

Upstairs, they got Gabriel settled in the recliner, and tried to give him the milkshake. "No. I don't wanna eat it. I want Sang to feed meeee."

Sang rolled her eyes, and stepped forward to feed him. Dr. Green also came forward with a gloved hand and a tissue.

"Give me your sheep," he said.

"Bye bye sheepies," Gabriel plucked the gauze out.

"Milkshake?" Sang asked, spoon at the ready.

Gabriel giggled and opened his mouth. He ate most of it, including pain pills smooshed into some spoonfuls, then refused to eat anymore.

"Too tired," he laughed. "Need Trouble snuggles."

Sang smiled and handed the cup off to Nathan, who stuck it in the mini fridge's freezer for later. Sang took a damp washcloth and wiped off Gabriel's face and her hands, then climbed into the mountain of blankets and pillows to cuddle with Gabriel until he fell asleep.

Uploaded: July 12, 2019