Chapter 2

The cold breeze brushed her face, gently caressing her cheeks. It travelled from her face to inside her clothes , making her shiver. It was a cold december afternoon . People were walking faster than usual, their steps filling the atmosphere with a steady noise. They probably wanted to get home faster and get warm and cosy. It really was cold. Despite her hoodie and her coat, she still shivered every now and then feeling the air giving her soft hugs , ticling her making journeys on her skin . She enveloped her chest with her arms clutching her coat tighter around herself while walking a little bit faster.

She walked around not able to help a small grin to creep . The festivity in the air , the people becoming nicer , the sales , the decorations , the films : she loved christmas season. She would stare at the streets funnily seeing the christmas spirit filling the air ; it was so refreshing . She might've been a muslim but she could not help it . The atmosphere always became so fairy almost magical during these times of the year . It was like ramadan for christians she assumed . Life became so much more enjoyable . On her walks to the park she would dreamily hum christmas song smiling at everybody .

Zahra liked her afternoon walks. She enjoyed breathing fresh air while going to the park. It was a little bit far and was near her highschool. She did not mind walking that much. She actually loved it. She would not encumber herself with a book largedly prefering watching the scenary in front her. Admiring God's creations . Everything looked so pretty.

The roads were less packed than usual due to the weather. She could understand it but she could not be part of those who deserted. She loved cold weather and despised high temperatures. She hated the feeling of sweat . The humidity that made clothes cling to your body. "ugh". She could not stand it. Her having to at any temperature dress modestly increased her dislike for hot weather . Underneath her scarf , her hair would stick to her neck and she would literally count the hours before heading back home . It was understandable why she disliked it honestly .

She finally arrived to her destination; the park. She sat down on a random bench and smiled to herself. The bench was freezing and when it made a contact with her bum , a competition of shivers took place inside her body. Her teeths clicked together from the sudden decrease of thermal reading. As her body became more and more used of it she sat more comfortably and watched the road. She was listening to music as she was doing so. She looked at her watch . It was 3:30 pm. She did not plan going home early and she warned her mom. She hadn't gone out since the last day of school and she couldn't stand it . As much as she loved her family, she needed to breath fresh air. Spend time with herself and meditade. Break the usual routine and chill for a while. She wasn't going to school anyways so she could if she wanted.

Her life has been honestly monotone since the last day of school . She stared at an invisible point thinking about her life . She loved it no doubt but she always felt like something was missing . She didn't know what it was but she couldn't help feeling that way . She thought about it a lot honestly to point where it became unhealthy. She should concentrate on her amazing life. So many people would want to have hers honestly. She had to tell herself that on a daily to calm her mind.

She looked up watching a family walking by laughing and talking . The parents looked the happiest ; holding hands , talking , laughing out loud with shining eyes twinkling as bright as the stars of midnight. She watched them until they were mainly indestinctive dots in the horizon . Maybe it was it actually . Maybe falling in love was it . Maybe it was the answer . Maybe that was what was missing. She sighed watching the road.

She eventually got bored of just sitting there. There was nobody to stare at. Nobody that she could guess their entire life , a game she liked to play with herself for some reasons. She would never see time fly when she was playing because she was enjoying herself so much but it was no fun staring at buildings and houses . She decided to go to a cafe instead and probably head home earlier that intended . The idea frustrated her.