II - Minivan and Pregnancy Mood Swings

Chapter 2

            I've spent the last week doing absolutely nothing expect trying to figure out how to use my expired PayPal online to buy 5sos (that’s apparently the name of Ashton’s band) tickets. I bought two nosebleed tickets, one for me, and the other for my cousin. I’m bringing her along so I don’t look like a loser going alone to see a band I just heard of less than a week ago, even though she can only name one of their songs off the top of her head.

Our families have never been close, my mom has been avoiding her family for the past twenty seven years, but we went to the same high school together and we turned out to like some of the same things. We weren’t close friends though.

The strongest friendship I’d ever had was with Ashton.

And that was ten years ago.

I slipped on a plaid tee shirt and a pair of jean shorts after applying too much mascara. I finished off my outfit by pulling my bleached hair up into a messy bun then grabbing my iphone3 (my mom said I would have to pay if I wanted an upgrade). I grabbed the minivan keys and headed out the door to go pick up Caddie and go to the concert.

Caddie graduated from high school two years before me, graduated college with an associate’s degree, and was now twenty three. She was also seven months pregnant with her ex husband’s baby.

Caddie and I had two things in common. We were both getting nowhere in life so far and we both had ordinary names that were spelled wrong. Caddie was suppose to be Katy, but her father (my uncle) was too drunk to notice that when he signed her birth certificate. I don’t have an excuse for why my name isn’t Bailey.

I picked up Caddie at five thirty two, about thirty minutes before the concert started. “Baylie, I’m not sure if I can do this” was the first thing she said as she stepped into my mom’s 2001 minivan.

Caddie looked down at her lap, her long brown hair falling in front of her face. “What are you talking about, it’s just a concert, and I’m sure there will be bathrooms if you have the erg to-“

Caddie looked up at me with what looked like small tears forming in her eyes. Then again it was allergy season. “No, I mean the baby… Ever since David and I broke up I’m not sure if I can even go on-“

My cousin has been having pregnancy mood swings for the past seven weeks.

I sighed turning the engine back on as Caddie struggled to get her seat belt on with her shaking hands. She was obviously upset. “Well I’m not legally aloud to drive, I only have my permit, but look at me; I’m still driving.” I said with a shrug.

Caddie sighed then leaned her head back against the head rest. “I guess you’re right. Let’s just have good time tonight alright?”

I smiled and speed down the road, hopefully heading towards the highway. I’ve also needed a break from my life.

~

a/n 

sorry for the short chapter xx

the thing on the side isn't working so Baylie is played by Natalia Vodianova (except she doesn't have bleached hair and Baylie's is longer) and Caddie is played by Lily Collins

so thats Caddie on the side

please please tell me if you find someone better to play Baylie