Chapter 9: Deku

The air was warm, and the scent of maple syrup floods the air. The wind blew gently, kissing my cheeks. Today feels calmer than normal. Yesterday Kaachan sat at my lunch table with me. Everyone stared, but Kaachan acted as if it were normal. Finals are coming up so I need to focus. I enter the classroom with a smile. I approach Sue, Ochaco, and Iida.
"Morning guys." I smile.
"Morning Midoriya." Iida smiles.
"Morning Deku." Ochaco and Sue say together.
"So, are you guys ready for the finals? I need to do some more studying...but what about you guys?"
"I could use some help." Ochaco says.
"Well, I'm willing to help anyone who would like the help." Says Yaoyorozu.
People start to flood towards her, and that's when I see Kaachan grab Kirishima by the collar.
"I'll help you study! So don't even think about it!" Kaachan yells.
"Fine Bakugo! But did you have to choke me?" Kirishima chuckles.
As I watched them I felt a burn of jealousy. I take a deep breath. No, I have to focus on the final exams. Maybe I could ask Kaachan for help? We are dating after all and most of the class knows, if not all. I sigh and start murmuring to myself. After a few minutes of deep thinking, I look up to be met with the curious eyes of my friends.
"You alright Deku?" Ochaco asks.
"Y-Yeah. Sorry about that."
Aizawa soon enters the classroom. He gives us a run down of the final exam. It's gonna be four days of the written part, and then we'll have the practical. Based on what we all know, the practical will be based on previous practical tests. So I should study the old records as well as what's needed for the written part of the exam. I glance up at Kaachan, but only for a moment. I then open my notebook and start reviewing everything I've written down from this year. When school is dismissed for the day, I start for the exit quickly. As I exit the building a strong hand grabs my shoulder. I stop and turn to be met with the eyes of Kaachan.
"Where the hell are you going?" He asks.
"Home? I want to study on my own."
"Fine...but I'm at least walking you home. Understand?"
I nod and he releases my shoulder. I turn and start walking. We stay pretty quiet until we reach my place.
"Thanks for walking me home Kaachan." I smile.
"Deku..good luck."
"Huh? Oh, thanks. You too." I grin.
He then kisses me quickly before leaving. The next few days all of class 1A study's like there's no tomorrow. I lift weights while looking over materials, and Kaachan is literally beating the knowledge into Kirishima. The exam soon arrives and before we know it, the written part is over. We all relax a little after that. Most of us looked up previous practical exams, and weren't worried about it at all. It's supposed to be exactly like the entrance exam, so it should be a piece of cake. When the practical exam came, we all rode a bus over to the main building that has control over the different training grounds at UA. When we arrived most, if not all the teachers were there. We look at each other in confusion.
"What's going on Mr. Aizawa?" Asks Yowyurozu.
"Well, because of recent events such as the USJ attack, we decided to change your practical exam. You guys will be put into teams of two, and then you must either get through the exit...or place handcuffs on your opponent. Oh, and your opponent's are the teachers."
"What?!" We all say in unison.
"How is this even a fair fight?" Asks Iida.
"Well, us teachers will be wearing these restraining cuffs to weaken us just enough for you. Now, let's start announcing teams and your opponents."
I started shaking. What if I get put up against All Might? He isn't here right now, so he might not be participating. He might've used up too much of his power today and can't. Aizawa was naming teams off quicker than I could focus. Todoroki with Yowyurozu, Sue with Tokoyami. When is he gonna say me? That's when my shaking gets worse. Not because I'm nervous, but because I'm scared. He called my name...and my partner...I should've guessed...
"Will be partnered with Bakugou. And your opponent is.."
That's when we see a figure in the sky. The figure falls and lands in front of us like a hero. Here's when the real fear kicked in.
"All Might!" Bakugou and I say together.
"Yup. Now the first group get ready, the others I suggest talking with your partner to find a strategy."
We all then disperse. I walk over to Bakugou who has the look of anger on his face. I put a gentle hand on his shoulder.
"Are you okay?" I ask.
"I'm fine. Just stay outta my way when the exam starts. You hear me?"
My hand drops.
"K-Kaachan...I.."
"DEKU! DO YOU HEAR ME?!"
"Yes...I do.."
I droop my head knowing there's no talking any sense into him, and I head inside. I decide to watch the other fights to get some strategy in my head cause I know what Kaachan plans. He wants to attack him head on, and that's not smart considering our opponent. I hate when he gets like this...but I have to ignore it for now and focus on the exam...I refuse to fail...no matter what.