Someone You Loved

Inspired by Someone You Loved by Lewis Capaldi

Y/N POV

It hurt. It hurt so bad. Like literal stabs in my chest. I thought he was "the one". But I guess "the one" wouldn't walk out on you when he was scared. "The one" wouldn't say it wasn't meant to be and then walk out the door like nothing.

Pressed up against the door sobbing had become a regular thing. It reminded me of that one night. The night he walked out and I never saw him or talked to him ever again.

I looked through my photos on my phone. Photos of me and Ethan. I missed having him there. A shoulder to cry on, lips to kiss, a body to be there when I went to sleep and woke up in the morning. I miss him, but I can't forgive him for what he's done to me.

*Unknown ID caller*
I picked up the phone. "Hello?" I said trying to not sound like I had been crying for the past hour.

"Hey" a familiar voice breathed out. "Ethan...why are you calling me?" Hearing him voice made more tears spill out of my eyes.

"I'm so sorry y/n. I should never had walked out on you. I was just...afraid. Afraid of being in a relationship."

You scoffed. "No...no you can't just do that. Leave me broken. Broken over you for months then come running back like nothing you did didn't completely tear me apart. I thought you loved me. But if you loved me you wouldn't run away. And for what? Because you were scared?"

There was a long silence. "I was stupid and young...but I love you. I know I do. I've not been myself these last 2 months. Take me back?"

You thought about it. But after memories of crying for hours on the floor flooded your mind you knew you couldn't just go running back. After what he did, he needed a taste of his own medicine.

"I'm sorry too Ethan. Because I can't. After the heartbreak you caused me I don't need that to happen again when you get scared."

There was a silence on the other end of the phone.

"You know what Ethan? I was just getting used to being someone you loved, but you had to ruin it. So thank you." I hung up the phone before he could respond.

The weird thing is for the first time in a long time I feel...okay. I know now that I don't need him anymore. Even if it was nice, I have to move on.