CHAPTER 6

Everything went on well. We became good friends. I never felt uncomfortable with him as i felt before. And remember, I STILL DID NOT GET TO KNOW HIS NAME😅

One evening, we were all playing cricket and I, by mistake, broke a neighbor's window. That lady came out screaming. I was so scared, and I started running away. But then she caught hold of me. I was stammering out of fear.  Mr.X then suddenly came to my rescue and took responsibility of paying the loss. He told that he broke the window, and not me. 

'I was judging him in such a wrong way. He's such a good person.' I thought.

........

........

Holi was on its way...And I could notice all my friends planning something really secret. Even my brother, Rahul was involved in it. Days passed on and I felt something fishy. 

........

On the evening before the Holi. I was walking on the footpath and the streetlights went off. everything became dark. After a few minutes someone pulled me. At first I was about to scream. and that person shut my mouth with his hand. I realized it was Mr.X 

"Listen Samyukta, tomorrow is Holi. and your friends have planned to throw eggs on you. I also heard that you don't like eggs. So as a friend, it becomes my duty to inform you. Any help required, I Am always there."

"I know, even you are in their plan. how come you are here helping me. See, I know to help myself. I don't need your help. I will take care. You don't need to worry.

"Up to you. But in case you need my help. You'll have to let me color you first;)" He said,

"Lets see. Stop dreaming about coloring me. I will not need your help."

I challenged him.