a ; happy

daichi x sugawara

(1/3)

---

the best part of my day is seeing you smile. especially when i was the cause of your smile. because those smiles meant something.

it meant that you are happy with me.

---

i love it when you turn your head back to me and flash me your shiny teeth, shouting me words of encouragement for a good serve.

i love your smile whenever you accomplish a clean receive, a good spike and say, "nice suga!" and then proceed to giving me a loud high five.

i love it when your face lights up whenever you get a good grade; whenever you come around and tell me that i helped you pass the test, and that you appreciate my help.

i love it when i see you getting mad at the others, shouting like a father which is keeping us together, and then giving a faint smile after seeing them reconciling.

i love it when you looked at me and said, "thank you very much, suga. we wouldn't win the nationals if not for you and everyone else. these three years have been worth it. let's have more in the future."

the smiles you make while you are with me gave me hope and security. because when you do that, i know that you feel the same as i do.

you are happy with me —

- and i am happy with you.

---

when you cried said, "i'd never know what i would do if i had to do this alone. i wouldn't be here without you. i wouldn't be able to do this without you."

were you happy?

you sure are.

you were smiling.

brightly.

despite the endless flow of tears down your face, you were happy.

despite your reddening eyes and nose, your lips stretched into a wide smile.

it was the happiest of you —

and the saddest of me.

as michimiya walked down the isle, towards us — towards you, i realized one painful truth:

you are happy with me,

but even more with her.

---

A/N:

i am not dead, i still write. i love you people. love y'all

- l e i n